The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
ickle pickle

Slow cooker recipes anybody?

Hiya Dreamy

Just go for it, I am going to make it again this week sometime, I use the full 4tsp of it, you can try it with 2 if you want to be sure it is not too hotthen next time try it with 3. I don't think it is hot but then again everyones taste is different. Mmmmmmmmmmmm thinking about it now, I havent made it for a while.

BTW one thing I did do a couple of weeks ago when I made a beef curry was add some dark ale to the liquid and it was delishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............so if you have any lying about, go for it :):):):)

Sel :)

STOP PRESS!!!!!! Totally recommend the recipe!

I just made the above recipe provided by Selmoon and WOW :lol: it is scrummy. I had two helpings :red: couldn't help myself :-)

I started off assuming I was making it in the slow cooker and when I had bunged everything in I realised I wouldn't have the time to cook it :roll: so I poured the lot into a saucepan, brought it to the boil and then simmered for over an hour. I seemed to have LOTS of liquid so I added 4tsp cornflour mixed with a litlle water to thicken and the sauce was lickable! :-P Even OH finished his and he's not into 'hot stuff' (except me :lol:)

To bulk up on the veg I added half a red pepper and half a green pepper, diced, but other than that I didn't change anything. oh yeah, I did the beef and sultanas version, I will try the lamb and apricot one next week.

I have to say the Ras El Hanout spice is truly fab, not at all like a curry, yet not an Indian either.......Hmmm....but so lovely and spicy, sort of a "warming spice" iykwim :) Thanks Sel..................... :)

ps..think the spice has sent me into smiley overload! :cheese:

Hey Dreamy et al

Told you it was good, the first time I tasted it was amazing and I had to get some, everyone who I have fed this to raves about it and they end up going away and making it. The spices are just amazing as you say...........I am so glad you liked it. I can't remember if you said you used 2 or 4 tsp. Did you have cous cous, rice or pitta with it? Sometimes I make bread and add a couple of tsp to the ingredients and it is just as guid.............mmmmmmmm getting hungry thinking about it.

Still to do the ham hough and lentils in the slow cooker, although I also have a butternut squash sitting there to be used. What one first...................decisions decisions.

Speak later all

Sel x

Hiya Dreamy

The mix of wild rice and soya sounds guid, have thought about using more than 4 myself, if I add more I will let you know :)

BTW it was my pleasure :):):):)

Sel x