The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
stakreem

Cool saturday

Morning all, it is cool and cloudy sun is trying to come out. I have started on the monkey huggy, and shall continue more of it when I watch England play Russia this evening. Going to cover our strawberries with netting to day they are just about to go red.

Lisa love your very unusual fairies how did you make them and what with. The boxes look lovely too.

Here is my amarilis just about to break bud, best go have a lovely crafty day talk later.

post-360483-0-87187600-1465629153_thumb.jpeg

morning all,  I have just got back from the church hall where I went to collect a local history book recently published, I have one but got one for FiL for his birthday, will he like it ? that is the question, I can't tell you how many times I have bought what I thought was a good gift to have him be rude about it, we even got him tickets to see Last Tango as he raved about the pair on Strictly and what did he say as we were coming out " not bad, have to tell you I have not been looking forward to it", cost me about £90 as we went as well and we knew it was not our cup of tea. at least this book wasn't a time consuming gift. plus I dropped off a batch of books for their book sale which raises money for the church and a string of pom poms ready to dangle from the tower among other later in the month.   :rolleyes:

Not sure what the rest of the day will hold, I am hoping a bit of sewing, I have just tided my knitting bag, after moving furniture in the extension so my fave chair is looking out over the garden after all I sit there most of the time but it meant looking in from the garden you saw my pile of WIP's, so now the quilting I am working on is neat in a magazine rack, my knitting is tidy behind the sofa and other half made crafts are in their own boxes in a cupboard, all to hand but tidy, very unusual for me   :ph34r: 

Grey here but warm, it's the Leeds Triathlon this weekend, the Elite event on BBC 2 tomorrow so I will watch that, nice to see familiar places.  

Hope you are all well and crafty, lovely amaryllis I've not had one this year. 

Bye for now  I'm off a crafting :D 

Edited by Eliza28

Afternoon all :)

Been a slow start to the day so only just showered! Had buckets of rain yesterday afternoon and more this morning but it's nice and fresh now. Still got to put the net up in the kitchen. It's so fiddly putting in those little hooks though.....

Yesterday at work was funny. It was dress down Friday so all us women were reminded of dress code. Apparently we're not allowed to wear sleeveless tops because our bra straps might show!!! Of course I just had to ask if going bra less would allow us to wear said tops ;)

Linda love your flower!

Eliza your FIL is a right one! Hoe rude! Enjoy the view of your garden.

Bye for now x

hello all,

Oh i do ache today after that long trip :) But we had a good day. Didn't see any Amish things at all Linda but we were on the very border of Pennsylvania. My husband likes fireworks but in Virginia they are not allowed to sell fireworks that leave that ground. In Pennsylvania they can sell any fireworks they like as long as they are not let off in that state. Which of course causes a massive loophole in the law. The border of Pennsylvania now plays host to a few big firework companies who ask for your drivers license to prove you're from out of state and make you sign an agreement saying you will get the fireworks out of state within 48 hours. Whilst back in Virginia they think they covered themselves because you can't buy the fireworks here so they don't stop you setting off any fireworks you want. So we have a very expensive 4th of July celebrations planned. It does help that Alia's birthday is the 3 rd and my husbands the 5th :D

We also visited a chip/crisp factory where you can buy the crisps fresh and see how they are made. We also stopped at an apple market which is like a farm shop.. We bought lots of fresh peaches, blueberries, homemade damson jam (never find any damson's here to make my own and it's my favourite jam) some fresh honey and last but not least I went to an import store and got my fix of orange squash (they don't sell squash here usually, just a powder mix you can add to water) some British chocolate, Bisto, pickled onions (all dill pickles, no pickled onions here) english mustard, brown sauce, baked beans and custard powder. oh and some jaffa cakes :D

It's going to be very hot in the 30s today so I'm going to sit out on the deck and do as little as possible, we are just going to have chicken with some salad for dinner. 

I do hope your father in law likes his book Eliza, so frustrating when you put so much effort into a gift that they show no appreciation for. 

Good job on tidying your craft stuff Suzie :) You should get the men to go into work on the next dress down Friday with a sleevless top and bra straps showing because I'm better they weren't given the same rule. :D

Your amaryllis looks great Linda at the moment my lillies are blooming well.

This is a picture of the outdoor cushions I made this week, still need to make the bench cushion.

have a great day all

post-484329-0-68223300-1465648153_thumb.jpg

Morning all, it is cool and cloudy sun is trying to come out. I have started on the monkey huggy, and shall continue more of it when I watch England play Russia this evening. Going to cover our strawberries with netting to day they are just about to go red.

Lisa love your very unusual fairies how did you make them and what with. The boxes look lovely too.

Here is my amarilis just about to break bud, best go have a lovely crafty day talk later.

Linda they are made by using a lace embroidery programme you stitch on a water solvable backing.:-)

Thanks for letting me know Lisa I thought it might be something like that what a posh sewing machine. I would love to be able to do that , perhaps by tatting with crochet cotton or Irish crochet would come out like that too. Or even experiment with my sewing machine and the solvable backing. You have certainly given me an idea.

Thanks Sarah , su2ie and ELISA, my Amerilis is last years bulb over wintered and dried, there is a little bulb growing at the side. I am going to see how long I can keep the bulb and see how many little ones grow. Sarah I have a Gerbera growing and flowering again from Mother's Day out in the garden.bdo you have any. What a lovely deck you have there looks nice and cool and the seat cushions look very good.

Here is monkey with out his blanket plus I started on crocheting a circular jacket for my self for the wedding can't find anything I like that is floaty enough.

post-360483-0-48269300-1465653773_thumb.jpeg