The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Eliza28

Wednesday

Morning all

Seems dull today. .I want to scrub garden table..it has a mosaic top and the white grout is yuk.. I almost did it yesterday but my friend called and I forgot..other task is tidy and clean craft room as this weekend it needs changing to a guest room.. I pulled a box from top shelve yesterday and it had what looked like grey felt on it..think it may have been dust..funny as when I saw it I was reminded of some felted brooches I want to have a go making using tweed and wet/ needle felting. Also yesterday in a charity shop I bought a gemstone necklace..square chunky stones..they have very ingrained dirt on them so going to pull it apart clean them and at a later date restring them. So guess it is a craft inspired cleaning day..I don't mind cleaning craft room as usually find treasure I'd forgotten about. If I have spare time I'm going to have a go at making roses from chiffon. .to make a corsage and fascinator I also bought some black feathers yesterday. So laid in bed I'm buzzing with my to do list...will it still be there when I get up ?

Just read all yesterdays posts but apart from wedding quilts and teacosys I can't remember... love the tea cosys..I crocheted a Sewing Bee pin cushion last night. .for the club stall at our community weekend.

I heard yesterday the mill complex are putting on a makers market and they have had so many applicatiions for stalls they haven't room for them all so having to filter them..should be interesting. . I was asked to go to the meeting but it is a day I have an appointment so can't. .I did say try to vary crafts on sale.. our stall in in community cafe and the makers market a few hundred yards away..I have said helpers in cafe should only do a couple of hours and give them all time to visit rest of event. Nothing worse than working while everyone else is having fun..I'm not doing any work on that day. . I do plenty at home .. our councillor calls me technical adviser and I'm happy to keep it that way.

Hope everyone is okay. .how's the cold Liz.. I was bad last night but sure mines allergy.. prickly eyes and croaky voice with a bit of hurt in sinuses . If I take an antihistamin and use antiallergy eye drops it eases so...

Keep crafting

Good morning, at the moment there is fine rain and blowing a strong wind, we are just off to Canterbury to get John's wedding suit altered at the shoulders then that will be another thing accomplished. I will put the finishing touches to my Tibetan warrior tea cosy when we get back. Then start to knit a cabled hat for Liz that she pointed out she liked. This is what it will look like. John is calling me to go so better stop and carry on when I get back .

post-360483-0-23304300-1463558521_thumb.jpeg

Morning, it's decidlly cooler here and on and off showers which was good news for me as I have swapping my winter clothes for the summer ones, so you can blame me if it snows now! I have two bin liners full of things I haven't worn last winter for the charity shop and a couple of t-shirts that I can make cleaning cloths from.

I have been trying out different stitches both in knitting and crochet new ideas fo something different in baby stuff. Everything will have to be white/lemon/pale green as Sally-Ann doesn't want to know if it's a boy or girl.

Eliza I take bee pollen with Royal jelly for hay fever and find it affective. I wish we had the craft community you have, there are the odd ones here but some are very clicky. You could try soaking your necklace in washing up liquid and then scrubbing with an old toothbrush, it works for me.

Enjoy your day in Canterbury Linda, I hope John doesn't have much trouble finding a suit he likes.

Off to the dry cleaners now with my skirt suits ready to put away and then tackle ironing (shudder, shudder) some summer stuff. Have a good day.

Suzy we had already found a suit but the shoulders needed altering and the trousers needed shortening, before we bought it , so the Taylor was at the shop today and he now has two weeks to alter it.

Ibought some wedding underwear in m & s and now we are back it is raining like anything.

Eliza best have a notepad by your bedside and write it down when you think of it, I have to do that or it's gone. So many ideas you have I cant keep up with you, just to remind you I need pics of your finished projects please, I really can't wait to read what you are doing next. Ah well must get a cuppa tea talk later.

I have evicted dust from craft room and I've made my trimmings for weddingpost-483411-0-90553400-1463573799_thumb.jpg

I have made them quite a bright pink to brighten my outfit, think it will look okay

sewing bee pin cushion post-483411-0-95921700-1463573839_thumb.jpg

woven on a frame brooches post-483411-0-42183300-1463573881_thumb.jpg

Patchwork pencil cases post-483411-0-25338900-1463573922_thumb.jpg

that's it, all things I had almost finished and are now packed away. I'm going to have a go at pulling apart and cleaning gem necklace next, raining , not heavy but not nice.

hope your all okay and crafty.

Edited by Eliza28

Afternoon ladies.   After a short visit from Sophie I went to town with a friend - haven't long been back.  Fortunately it hasn't rained but its very dull and grey clouds are gathering.

Started my cross stitch but its going slow as its 18 count. For all you non cross stitchers thats very small and they eyes ain't what they used to be. Still there's no hurry I'll just do a bit each day when we have good light.

Love the pics of all your makes well done ladies.

Have a lovely afternoon

Take care