The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
artym

Title for new group

Well, my little group of knit and crochet retired folk has started well...we hve been going almost a month now.....last week I asked them to think up a name for our group. now....considering everyone I would think without exception is near or over 80 years of age....I received several comments.....The Knit Wits...The Crotchety Knit Wits...then someone naively I must say came out with The Hookers....well everyone was in absolute fits of laughter, but the lady who offered the name had no idea what they were laughing out,bu joined in the laughter. well...if laugher is the best medicine then this was the best medicine ever not invented...thought I would share that with you...however, we still have no name, but will try again this Wednesday....

All the best with coming up with a good name. :)

I know there are lots of USA crochet groups that use the term 'Hooker's and I find it very funny and a bit ohh errr mrs. lol

Thanks Caroline...I like the yarn birds...especially as the Red Kites fly around our area constantly. They still cannot agree on a name, so I may just use one and that will be it. Mind you with their arthritic fingers some are finding it difficult even with large ergonomic hooks and double knitting wool, so may go on to modelling clay.....have introduced one to patchwork, but she doesn't have the arthritic issues, but good to expand...

Modelling clay could actually be good for the arthritis as it is constantly rolling and pressing the clay and therefore massaging at the same time...mm...will see...may try a small amount on a friend first.