The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Eliza28

Friday

Morning crafters

A short note this morning..I'm going to go watch some of the programmes I recorded last night while hubby is still snoring..I will knit while watching started my bargain buy beige crofters..a cardigan this time. The quilt as you go panels..was going to be a quilt..then a bag but now I am making them into arm caps for sofa in day room.. (new name for extension part of kitchen) it's so bright in there the arms look quite grubby and I tried cleaning them but not much improvement...

Heard the beacon lighting last night..it waa a couple of miles from here at 8.15 we heard loads of fireworks. .guess they were from that.

Have a good day..

Good morning, Hope you get some knitting done today. I am going to take dogs over the shop to get a newspaper & then come back to do an hour. I am halfway up the left front of my cardie & want to get a move on with it. I have TV progs to catch up with too. Sunny here but due to change tomorrow. Previous 2 Saturdays been very cold so hope it is not that icy cold wind again. Snow gone form high areas & hope none arrives tomorrow. Lovely to see 2 magnolia trees near us only downside is blossoms are falling as the are very delicate aren't they? Still lovely to see them. Daffs are dying off a bit now but other lovely psring flowers growing in gardens. Our potted shrubs have started growing again. Only a small garden but afternoon sun & sheltered, facing west. Hope to get buddleia up to normal size this year. Last year we lived in a part of the road which caught every wind so they did not do well. being buffeted around did not make many plants look good last year. Bought 2 variegated hebe plants as they are supposed to withstand winds & then we got this flat. All being equal they should do well in this sheltered garden. They can go up the back by the fence as small gaps between each plant & that will give shelter to the other tubs. It is nice to have the small gaps as you can see animals as well as people passing by. Also can see where out cats are. Our dogs don't mind the small garden - the older one, a dachsie, likes sunbathing but the younger, Shih Tzu doesn't like getting too hot so moves to a shady area. The dachsie is 12 & we got him at 6 months old as he needed a  new  home The Shih Tzu. 3 yrs old,  only had her since last July as our whippet had to be put down as she was very ill. This little dogs owner got dementia & couldn't look after her. She is a lovely little dog, beige & white. Will go now as the 2 of them are sitting by my feet waiting for me to take them the few minutes walk to get the paper. DH takes them out for a run late afternoon. Have a good weekend everyone & keep safe.

Morning ladies little over cast in the south east today.stitchybluebell it's lovely to hear about your dogs.i am a big dog lover we have quite a mixture a lab who is 15 we had her from a pup the three rescue dogs staffie x,jackrussellxchou and a a messy coat jackrussell they are my babies.:-).today I am going to try a new craft hope I spell this right decoupage I am painting my box white first as I am doing a shabby chic style I am going to use a rose napkin wish me luck.:-) lisax

post-492281-0-63269200-1461316501_thumb.jpg

post-492281-0-70667600-1461316522_thumb.jpg

Morning :)

Just nipping on here before I tackle the washing.  Had a sort out yesterday so found loads of clothing/bedding needing a refresh as it's been packed away for a year! Still dealing with the little visitors.  So annoying that the stuff you buy to kill them off doesn't work & I ended up catching a few myself as I'd brushed my hair after drying Alex's at the weekend... :(

Anyhow I've started to crochet a wrap with my banana yarn.  It's really heavy yarn too!

Eliza enjoy your TV programmes :)

Stitchy your dogs sound lovely & I'm sure they're enjoying the sunny weather.

Lisa love the covering for your box.  My girls like doing decoupage too although it was more shabby than chic when they finished theirs :lol:

Right best get on because the HW won't do itself!

Stay crafty x

Hello all, I am here arrived in Somerset yesterday at 4.30. We are going to Bridport to a wear house that sells material and upholstery things , plus I want to see if they are selling any sample material books. They usually go for £7 to £10.

It is raining here but that doesn't matter you can only get wet, I am having a great time with Liz. And I am going to try spinning on my e bay spinning wheel that she picked up for me it is very heavy and sturdy piece of equipment compared to my antique one which has a lot of fancy spindles will let you know how I get on spinning.

Su2ie I have sent you a message.

Lisa I think you are a fantastic drawer/artist have you tried doing pyrography on that box of yours it would really look nice?

Well best go and get ready to go out we are running really late. Just being lazy.

post-360483-0-55998500-1461320705_thumb.jpeg

post-360483-0-24499900-1461320908_thumb.jpeg

Edited by stakreem

Love the napkin Liza. Good luck with the decoupage. I had a pen pal who covered boxes & sold them on the Internet. .Made special ones people requested too. Your dogs sound lovely.  Su2ie hope you get rid of the little blighters in your hair. Must be so frustrating for you to keep having to comb/shampoo whatever to get rid of them. The warehouse sounded great Stakreem. Hope you get on with spinning OK. I asked about joining a craft club somewhere near where I lived at the time a few years ago. Well the advert said near.....  But when I phoned up it was a 20 min drive away & with only one bus in the morning & other in the afternoon I could not get there. The lady had rather a posh voice & asked did I do spinning? I said no, I knitted, did tapestry & long stitch (was not into x stich then). She said really they needed more spinners. I told her that the advert said. 'craft club' & I thought that would cover all types of craft. She said ' No, we really want spinners.' I said she should have put that on the advert which was placed in my local shop. I wonder how many other people phoned to enquire about that particular club. I think it must be very relaxing to do the spinning. I have heard on local TV & radio that quite a few farmers wives pin their sheep wool. One lady in another town we quite often visit said her daughter & SIL bred alpacas & spun their wool which was very soft. Would like to see how you get on.