The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knit&flee

Tuesday!

Well done K&F keep thinking positive you are amazing the way you deal with your issues you have. A wonderful first post for me to read in the morning your good news Spurs me on.

Hello all, cloudy and cold here I am going to try out a spiral block this morning must get breakfast first have a good crafty day talk later.

Hope you have a good day K&F..have you got sunshine. .I think whatever is wrong we all feel better with a few sun rays.

We are trotting out today..I have made the decision that writing the book is a no.. too much stress and deadlines. . Embrace what you have and all that.. I've just sent them my thanks but no thanks..they looked at my work so far and said it was good..that amount a week..ekkkk..it kind of ruled me last week. After all I'm a pensioner. A crafty pensioner. .think consultant yesterday gave me food for thought. Feel good abour it..going to put my writing so far into next village magazine, or so says my friend who I've just told of my decision. .he gave a sigh of relief. Health first he said..how right. It was you that pushed me..his answer was he didnt expect tight deadlines which I didn't either. It seems the books he wrote were dealine free so we think with mine its a case of jump on the crafting bandwagon while it's so popular. .

Hope you all have a good day.

Edited by Eliza28

Morning, a well done wish to K&F

Snow showers here and it's cold and windy, I am going for a hair cut this morning then home for HW

Eliza I think you made the right decision about book as pressure is not good for health , enjoy what you do

Linda show us the spiral block later, is this a quilt for yourself

Hope you all have a good day

Hello CN no it's not a quilt for me it's for any one who fancies it, I cannot bear to keep what I have made I have looked at it long enough while making it. I would sooner give away what I make even paintings I don't keep.

How are you going to finish your quilt , with separate sashing or sewn altogether?

Eliza I think you made the right decision pressure and deadlines are not an enjoyable thing. Perhaps you should write a biography of your life so far and in your own time include patterns that you have crafted and thought about. You would make a lot of money as you write so very interesting posts.

Greetings from a lovely sunny Newcastle.

I must have had a good nights sleep as I was up at 7.45 and had all  my de-creasing finished by 8.45. DH got up and made porridge and a cuppa for breakfast.

After thought I did floors throughout and he washed the dishes. Lunch will be soup which he made on sunday - he makes 3 days worth.

Now its feet up and a bit more hooky.

K&F good to hear you sounding so positive 

Eliza a book would have been brilliant but tight deadlines make it a definite no no. Maybe you could do something on a regular basis in village mag - working on it as and when at your pace.

Liz snow - I feel a bit guilty about mentioning our sun. Hope its not too cold when you pop out.

Linda I suppose you would need a much bigger house if you kept everything you made.

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Take care