The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
claire willis

Popping in to say hello!

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all well!

Firstly, thankyou so much to Maritrez for the card and little gift you sent...so lovely of you!

And a happy birthday to Mary, I see I missed your 80th!! I imagine you are still keeping these lot on their toes ;) !!

So what's going on with me?? Well Daniel is 14 now and doing good with school, Emily is 11 and thanks to her gymnastics she has become quite a sensation on Instagram with almost 34,000 followers!! If any of you use Instagram her name is @gymnast_emily10 , Holly is 9 and is just as dizzy as ever, she has several great friends now and we hardly see her these days! And baby Olivia?...she's 3now!! And such a big girl, she thinks she is Elsa from Frozen!!

I don't do so much crafting these days, I do make hair bows now and then and quill the odd bit here and then but not a lot I have to say, there just isn't time!

I hope you guys are all doing great and enjoying everything you do...very best wishes from me!!

HI Claire nice to hear from you.  Olivia is 3 wow time certainly flies.  I now have a gorgeous granddaughter - Sophie - who is 2 years old on 7th feb seems like 5 mins since she was born.

Hope you and all the family are keeping well.

Goosey says hello too  :P

Hope you can pop in now and again 

Take care

Hi Claire, thanks for popping in, I can't believe how time has flown!  It doesn't seem like five minutes since Olivia made her first appearance  :)

Sounds like the family are busy keeping you out of mischief!  Glad you're all doing well and it's great to hear from you xx.

A big hello from me too. Lovely to hear from you. Can't believe Olivia is 3. Time just whizzes by. My Granddaughter Chloe will be 5 in July. I just don't know where the time has gone. 😊 Sounds like your family is keeping you really busy. 😃

Hope you get some time to pop in every now and then. 😄

Take Care. x

Hello Claire...I only pop in here occasionally these days too, and remember you well for all your quilling articles a few years ago in Craft Beautiful magazine...they actually introduced me to quilling originally and have sold many of my cards using basic flower shapes etc...however...I no longer participate in a whole range of crafts, not because of being too busy,but am at the other end of the age spectrum...now 80 and arthritis is gaining momentum on my fingers, but do manage to make and sometimes sell my cards, mainly these days using my Big Boss Super die cut machine. but have had to slow down a lot...have given my right hand a good talking to...It must not succumb to arhthritis as I need it to paint my (masterpiece) this summer. My quilting projects are in various stages of construction but have been put on hold until my second cataract has been sorted.....assessment tomorrow...the right eye was amazing and can see so well with that, so......I hope this summer to write more poems...make more cards and hopefully paint my masterpiece...not the fine painting I used to work on, but have plans for my sea paintings..I used to exhibit and sell my paintings, so who knows...."There is Life in this old dog yet".Good to still have ambitions...I love gardening too, but that will be pruning and pottering this year....still...I had a sunflower last year that reached almost 12ft...so lets aim higher this year...good luck everyone with your crafts..Mary