The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
crafty nannie

Happy christmas

Certainly different this year...only 2 visitors the whole day.My daughter and her husband dropped in with a hampered meal to pop in the oven, crackers and napkins etc...and table set for us..then they left to go and eat their own meal *they live nearby, but my hubby is scared of the two dogs, lovely Labradors and well behaved so they prepared their meal and still shared it with us, then they came back in the evening and spent a couple of hours with us...which was lovely as the remainder of the family had either decided to go to Spain for Christmas or were too busy to include us...never mind...a phone call would have been nice...we have always had big Christmases, so felt a little isolated....but my daughter works hard all week and took the time to ensure we had a restful day at home...even down to the Christmas pud which I put in the microwave. It was a lovely meal not with the traditional turkey, but beef which melted in the mouth, and all the trimmings...Yorkshire puds second to none and delicious home made gravy etc.....sprouts with chestnuts and bacon and the most delicious roast potatoes....perfect as we are not that fond of the traditional turkey. Now for New Year...well shall probably just watch TV and go to bed early....my hubby has his 81st birthday in January, so shall probably invite my daughter and son-in-law to share a meal with us in our tiny flat. Happy New Year to you all....New Years Resolution time. Mary

Certainly different this year...only 2 visitors the whole day.My daughter and her husband dropped in with a hampered meal to pop in the oven, crackers and napkins etc...and table set for us..then they left to go and eat their own meal *they live nearby, but my hubby is scared of the two dogs, lovely Labradors and well behaved so they prepared their meal and still shared it with us, then they came back in the evening and spent a couple of hours with us...which was lovely as the remainder of the family had either decided to go to Spain for Christmas or were too busy to include us...never mind...a phone call would have been nice...we have always had big Christmases, so felt a little isolated....but my daughter works hard all week and took the time to ensure we had a restful day at home...even down to the Christmas pud which I put in the microwave. It was a lovely meal not with the traditional turkey, but beef which melted in the mouth, and all the trimmings...Yorkshire puds second to none and delicious home made gravy etc.....sprouts with chestnuts and bacon and the most delicious roast potatoes....perfect as we are not that fond of the traditional turkey. Now for New Year...well shall probably just watch TV and go to bed early....my hubby has his 81st birthday in January, so shall probably invite my daughter and son-in-law to share a meal with us in our tiny flat. Happy New Year to you all....New Years Resolution time. Mary