The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLynch

Flower Headband help

I'm teaching myself to crochet using Issue 68 of the magazine by I'm struggling with the flower headband pattern.

When making the headband itself Rows 3 and 4 seem to increase the number of stitches each time, with no decreasing.

Row 3 is miss stitch, dc, miss stitch, (1tr, 1ch, 1tr, 1ch, 1tr) into one stitch and Row 4 is the same but with a different starting point. No matter how I try to read it I'm adding stitches all the time.

Is there an error in the pattern and one row is supposed to have decreases in it somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by SarahLynch

Tried this out and it seems ok. Remember stitch count decreases on row 2 to 57

row 3 after 4ch then 1 tr in 1st dc of previous row  miss 1 tr ( DO NOT COUNT CH ON PREVIOUS ROW AS STITCHES ) dc in next tr (this is centre tr in group of three on previous row) miss next tr then ( tr ch tr ch tr) in dc of previous row

Continue along row working dc in middle tr of previous and (tr ch tr ch tr) in dc of previous row until 4 sts left ( you will finish with {tr ch tr ch tr} in dc )

then dc in middle of 3 tr group as before then in last dc work ( tr ch tr)

Row 4 dc in last tr of previous row, (tr ch tr ch tr) in dc of previous row dc in middle tr of group of 3 repeat along row ending dc in 3rd of 4ch of previous row.

Hopefully you are able to follow this.

Let me know how you get on and don't forget to post a pic in Finished Objects when you conquer it