The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Elizajane

it really is Thursday

Morning. .still in bed but soooo warm already..sun shining...so what today...a very lazy one ..we promised ourselfs last night if we woke to sun we would have a day of reading or crafting. .yeah.

Since Monday I have crochet 2 baskets. One in blue/beige t-shirt yarn the other in string and 3 bookmarks...I'd post pics but still not resolved problem with iPad think I may need expert help.

I have been thinking we need a craft group in ny village but in research found we have a knit/natter In library plus a sewing class at a local church and a shop has started one once a month on a sunday. you can take along any textile craft but you have to book and pay £15 each session..I was thinking more varied crafts where anything goes and ideas can be bounced around ..need to do more reseach and also make sure none of the groups running already get upset. I will watch here with interest.

Cup of tea time and I may start another bookmark using thin cotton and a tiny hook they are to go on stall at nature reserve. about 4 hours to make each one and I'll probably only be able to get a maximum of £4 each..at least only pence for yarn and it's for charity..I look on it as my bit of help as others go clearing scrub land or building hides

Happy crafting in the sunshine..

Edited by Elizajane

Morning all!

Was up at 6am with DD and she is now sitting breakfast and I have just finished tidying up from last night (was being lazy when I got home and procrastinated with HW)..away to have some breakfast myself.

Then we need to go to the local town and do some bits and bobs. Looking like it will be a nice day so hoping to get some washing out and never know might even get to make a start on my ripple blanket.

Eliza - we have a local craft group that meets once a month and each month is a new craft..gives us a taster of new things. Usually the ladies that run the group either demonstrate or they get someone in who does the craft regularly/or has a business to teach us. We are only £1 a session and that covers hall hire etc, tea and biscuits but if we need materials then there is usually a charge for it too but so far it hasn't been anything expensive..maybe £5 max. Again the ladies that run it usually source the materials and just charge us the cost of them. So its handy rather than everyone having to go out and find the materials they will need.

Happy crafting everyone!

Edited by AngelGoneMad

Hello. ( :ph34r: she sheepishly double checks it really is Thursday today :ph34r: )

I have no excuses for yesterday.  :huh:

I have read all yesterdays posts, you chatty lot, and i hope today brings relief from colds/coughs, the heat and crafty knots of all types.

I think i may just get out for a cycle today (if the weather holds) and clear my head a little. ;)

Have a good day all.

xx

Hi all, another lovely day here I am going food shopping in a minute so shall buy some food colouring and try out my wool and alpaca yarn and see how the acrylic content accepts the colouring if at all, any way it is a pure white yarn so I may have a white background.

I knitted the dress to the fairy last night so will do arms and legs to day ,

Have a lovely crafting day I will be back later must go.

Angel g m. Your group sounds like something we were talking about. Just had sn email. ...we have been told can have use of a room in a local church for free..well in exchange for doing a stall at their 6 coffee mornings a year...sounds good as they have a cupboard of what they called rubbish but it has bits of yarn..fabric..paper. .just worried about upsetting the groups already running...along with a gent who does a lot for the village we are looking into things..my thought is run it as under the village charity which funds the festival and Christmas lights but that runs via the shop snd the church's..red tape that my scissors are struggling with.

Morning all, it's already 23 C so washer is full and whirring away.It's going to be another belter of a day.  :)

Eliza if you have people willing to attend your group I wouldn't worry about upsetting others. After all you it will help to raise money for a local cause.  Maybe people have tried the other groups and either don't like them, it's just not their cup of tea or even on the wrong day for them.  Go for it a give it a try for maybe 4 to 6 weeks see how it goes.

Have a great day everyone and catch you later