The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Frangipane

Feedback

Why can't everyone be like the publishers here? The others either never ask for customer feedback, or they ask but all they want are compliments. If you dare to be honest and say you want something else, they act like huffy children instead of professionals. About time they realise we as customers are their bread and butter!! Rant over...a lot of publishers could learn from Aceville Publishing.

Talking about publishing......I remember many years ago trying to get a publisher interested in my poetry, especially my childrens poems, but the only answers I received from preliminary enquiries were from "Vanity publishers" where you pay the prnting etc. If your work is good enough a publisher will show genuine interest...yes, I have had poems published in magazines etc. over the years, but never exploited it...but recently people have been showing an interest ith my greeting cards and asking me to write a poem for a particular person...should I exploit this area? so easy for me to write poems...and with all the ideas over the years gained from CB mag together with my own ideas, no excuse for not making cards......I have written poems for friends for cards for years, but would never dream of asking a fee......perhaps I am just dreaming, but it would be lovely to make a few pounds here and there. hubby says "dream on"........

Edited by artym

Well smack my hand. Yes everyone is entitled to have a rant whenever they want, I have rants too. I assumed your rant was connected with work and in my own little way I was trying to sympathise

I often write things that are mis ingterpreted, so don't worry everyoe, we are all human...In fact a certain member of my family hasn't spoken to me for 3 months beacuse of something I said, quite innocently as it happenenedand steroids affecting my moods somewhat dreadfully... and says through another member of the family she will never forgive me...for goodness sake..the remark was not that bad and Life is too short....I have a husband who is in severe depression and finding everything difficult at the moment so am having to tread on eggshells cping with that and my own health issues...we all have difficult times and good times, so hope my good times are coming back sooooooon..I do have 3 people interested in card making, so shall hold on to that for the moment in the hope my own health will improve enough to set up a small group in the local hall..........so it is focus ahead time for me......positive thinking........shal hve to start collecting pieces for card making to build a stache for them to use.......