The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Elizajane

sunny Sunday

Up at 6.15..wish I could stay in bed but never can. .aches say up..but on the plus side in my craft room is a sofa bed so sat comfy..fine crochet to sit and work........tv so don't feel guilty sat getting ideas from create and craft..going to watch quilting prog that's usually on at 8am..plus today sun is streaming in window...just been watching another channel think it's called jewellery maker..demonstrator is so clever seems she has exhibits in V&A..just showed some polymer clay pendants with wire wrapped frames and fittings..not sure if I could do that but one to jot in TO DO notebook. .

Looking forward to seeing pin dog..just looked on sewing but can't see him...hope he's trotting there later....

Hope you all have a lovely crafty day..not sure of plans for here but sure I'll get crafting in somewhere..last night while watching TV I got the back of my bamboo yarn knit and started on fronts..designing as I go...looks like it will be a waist coat as not enough in pack for sleeves but that's fine will keep draught of my arthritic shoulder. ..all my makes tend to surprise me as I sew them up..... happy Sunday to you all...just edited this as so many spelling errors...should use real computer instead of being lazy and using phone..ah well.....my son said "can't see your problem" ...well my darling you were brought up with computers ....when I was at school it was learning to use dip pen and ink plus arthritic fingers don't always go where you want them to...

Edited by Elizajane

Good morning Eliza and all to come, cloudy and cold this morning in the deep south east.  on Friday I glued a picture to a piece of 3ply Baltic birch ready to cut out as a jig saw puzzle,  I hope the sun shines later then I can do that and get the scroll saw out of the cabin and do it in the fresh air.   last night after having a break from crochet I started on a tumbling block baby blanket, my own design hexagon in 3 colours when put together it looks like tumbling blocks.  At the same time I watched the masters Golf.

I have been on my bike every day and feel much better for it.   I hope you feel some relief from your aches and pains Eliza my knees don't hurt so much since I have been exercising them.

I found some budding blossom on my Kiwi fruit yesterday and budding blossom on my olive tree,  so it looks like a bumper harvest for everything this year.

So folks enjoy your Sunday and I'll be back for a chat later.  

Morning All.

And a lovely sunny morning it is here.....at the moment. :)

Nothing planned today which is lovely. So will fit in knitting around playing with my new sewing machine!!! So much to learn. Must order some fabric to practice with too. :)

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Time for a cuppa and a browse around the forums before I start anything. :)

Take care all. x

Hello. I'm in a proper huff this morning - the sun can go and do a running jump! :( The reason I'm in a grump is after weeks of work on my dress it finally got to a stage where I could try it on this morning and the bodice bit is so ridiculously large I'm not going to be able to wear it. All that hard work! :( I don't understand - I took all my measurements and cut out the right size. I don't know what I've done wrong and worse still, I don't know how to fix it. :(

I'm going to sulk with my knitting, TV and lots of cups of coffee. If anyone can offer any advice I'd be so grateful. I'm so upset. :'-(

See you later.

Afternoon ladies. Not a bad day so far - sun shining but quite a strong breeze.

I never get any crafting done until everyone goes home

Just about to put dinner out so I will have to love you and leave you all for now.

Have a good sunday

afternoon ladies , scottie pin cushion is on sewing now eliza, he is quite cute as well as useful

I cut him out using my homemade pattern and then added a few darts and tucks when sewing up

he is stuffed to include wire wool to keep my pins sharp, he stands a grand 10 inch tall so I wont lose him

its a dull day here and the rain is threatening. I do hope you get your dress sorted K&F how disappointing for you , and you are full of excitement  serindipity I can feel the vibes a new sewing machine to play with , I am pleased for you ,and nice to hear you are back into jigsaw making stakreem , and you are doing so well with exercise bike, enjoy your dinner and visitors goose and of course crafting later, I have a to do notebook too eliza , I often wonder if I will complete anything in it , as I usually add to the list