#1 Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Bobsie
Bobsie

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Members

I haven't tried quilling yet and I'm not sure how to use the board. What do all the numbers mean?

#2 Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

artym
artym

artym

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Members
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
no idea what the nunbers are for but I just use the circles to produce the size of circle I need and then just glue the end with a dot of glue...when dry, I either leave them circular or squish into shapes....but numbers....? no idea.......there never seems to be any directions on purchase of these items.....never mind Bobsie, just experiment.

..Smile, then everyone will wonder what you have been up to...... :wub: :rolleyes: ;) :) :huh: ........

#3 Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Goose
Goose

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14,066 posts
  • Moderators
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne UK

Bobsie it's size of shape in millimetres

For example take the first large oval - measure from the lines at 12 o clock and 6 o clock and you will get 30mm. This goes for all the shapes and the little lines round the edge.

Therefore if a pattern said to make a 30 mm oval you would know which shape to use

#4 Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Bobsie
Bobsie

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Members
Ah! I had half thought it might be the length of strip to use but this makes sense. Thank you, I am actually going to give quilling a good go this time.

#5 Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Goose
Goose

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14,066 posts
  • Moderators
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne UK

:)

#6 Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

artym
artym

artym

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Members
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Well, well....thanks from me too.....now I have no excuse not to make perfect quilling...thanks Goose....may get mine out later.

..Smile, then everyone will wonder what you have been up to...... :wub: :rolleyes: ;) :) :huh: ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users