The Best Crafts Forums in the UK

Dear crafters, 

I hope everyone's well on this crisp Tuesday morn. I recently received an email from one of our PaperCrafter readers and wondered if anyone had any advice. 

Carol lost the use of her right side after four strokes, and finds it very hard crafting. Her husband has bought her a Cricut since, which has helped her immensely. Primarily, Carol enjoys making cards but also likes to try her hand at rubber stamping.

If anybody has any tips for Carol, it would be very gratefully received.

Thank you :) Jenny 

A BIG (((hug)) for Carol and a well done for still crafting.

For stamping I think you can't beat Crafters Companion's Rock a Blocks you just can't go wrong.

Hi to you Carol, and good luck with your crafting. I watched a video the other day about stamping blocks with rubber feet, so you can position the stamp accurately and then press down. There are 2 makes: Fiskars Stamp Press, and Martha Stewart Stamp Mount. If you go on You Tube you'll find loads of reviews/ how to use them guides.

Hope you find something that works for you, and we'd love to see what you make on the forum.

bc x

I read an article the other day which mentioned something called a Buddy Board.

It was originally designed by someone whose sister had had a stroke and wanted to continue making cards.

It can be used in different positions and at different angles,

but basically holds your work steady while you paint, stamp, emboss or however you want to craft.

Have a look on www.buddyboard.co.uk

Hope this helps Carol.

Good for you being so determined to keep your passion fro crafting going.