The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Elizajane

New craft

A fun thing I have just done is free form crochet, used up lots of bits of wool, the more textured the better, made a great scarf, I just crocheted a shape and then did whatever I fancied hooking into a hole, was quite hard getting the scarf shape something like, used 5 different sizes of hooks but end result is useable. Now I want to try another unusual craft, any ideas?

Edited by Elizajane

Thought I had better explain it a little better.

Wild quilting. Sew together odd shaped pieces of fabric into large sqares. Use a rotary cutter to cut out 5 inch squares and join them together.  Depends on how much fabric you have what you can make. it looks difficult piecing but is so easy.

Edited by witchneedles

I've done quilting sort of like that, just stitching bits together, didn't get organised enough to cut them into squares but I  used some as panels on bags, was really funny as I had some on a stall I was doing for a local charity and one lady said to me "I really like your erotic bags" we couldn't decided did she mean erratic, eclectic or maybe she was seeing something I wasn't?   :D

Guess I just like to use up all my odd bits as I have just made a bag in free form crochet and another 2 scarves, at least I will be warm this winter.