The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Holly Shackleton

What's your favourite project in the October issue of CB?

Morning all,

That's right, now that you've had a chance to drool over all of the scrumptious makes in the October issue, we want to know what your fave is! Which project floated your boat the most - Corinne Bradd's adorable dolly, Jane Kharade's bright and breezy sun catchers or Carolyn Letten's tasty jam-inspired gift set?

We look forward to hearing your thoughts  :D

I see something different each time I open the magazine....but having worked on a fair bit of patchwork (over the years) and quilting over past few months, an idea came to me with the basic quilting (hot water bottle cover), but I shall make mine rather differently, using bits and pieces...I belong to a quilting group who meet once per month, but can no longer work on very large pieces so I shall probably make smaller items, such as table place mats and anything else I can sit and do in the evenings; hand sewing for a short while whilst watching telly.  What I have seen and am looking forward to is the  next magazine.....I love the idea of the little money box houses.(as shown in the present edition as coming in next edition)...(I used to make gingerbread houses), but these money boxes look  fabulous, so am looking forward to seeing what materials etc. will be suggested to put them together...I always wanted a dolls house, (as a child I used to use old shoe boxes to make houses from) so this at my grand old age is probably the next best thing...So many ideas of things I want to do...........

Yes, Hell Scarletts, I  wouldn't be without my die cutting machine...it has come in very handy, not just for cards and paper cutting but fabric shapes for my patchwork....felt and cottons etc....mind you the dies can be expensive so shop around on the internet and you will find various companies with various prices......so good luck when you get one...Mary