The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Amo_Angelus

Craft knife help?

I love papercrafting, it was my first crafty passion and one I still enjoy doing now, but it's also the one craft I rarely get to enjoy. Why? Well I cannot seem to find a comfortable cutting aparatus! Seriously, the search is getting ridiculous now. The problem is I'm heavy handed. I have a tight grip when trying to be precise and the result is that I hurt my fingers with virtually all my cutting devices. I love craft knives and I really really want to find a comfortable one, but they all seem to be of a stanly knife shape and not at all comfortable for me to use with precision. I was wondering (Hoping and praying) if someone knew of a craft knife that resembled a pen in it's size and shape, a big bulky pen perhaps, but pen-like?

Welcome to the forum. I have a scalple like one, so a bit pen-like. I got mine from my local craft shop but I just looked at the hobbycraft website and they have one for £2.49 at the moment and replacement blades are a couple of pounds. i hope this helps.

I have scalpel type craft knife that is cylindrical like a pen, it has a soft-grip like surface too and is comfortable to hold. I think it's an XCut one but I bought it from a craft shop in Huntingdon many years ago. You should be able to find one online I should have thought.