#1 Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Amo_Angelus
Amo_Angelus

• Members
    Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I love papercrafting, it was my first crafty passion and one I still enjoy doing now, but it's also the one craft I rarely get to enjoy. Why? Well I cannot seem to find a comfortable cutting aparatus! Seriously, the search is getting ridiculous now. The problem is I'm heavy handed. I have a tight grip when trying to be precise and the result is that I hurt my fingers with virtually all my cutting devices. I love craft knives and I really really want to find a comfortable one, but they all seem to be of a stanly knife shape and not at all comfortable for me to use with precision. I was wondering (Hoping and praying) if someone knew of a craft knife that resembled a pen in it's size and shape, a big bulky pen perhaps, but pen-like?

#2 Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Bobsie
Bobsie

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Members
Welcome to the forum. I have a scalple like one, so a bit pen-like. I got mine from my local craft shop but I just looked at the hobbycraft website and they have one for £2.49 at the moment and replacement blades are a couple of pounds. i hope this helps.

#3 Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Bigbunniesuk
Bigbunniesuk

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9,204 posts
  • Moderators
  • LocationBedfordshire
I have scalpel type craft knife that is cylindrical like a pen, it has a soft-grip like surface too and is comfortable to hold. I think it's an XCut one but I bought it from a craft shop in Huntingdon many years ago. You should be able to find one online I should have thought.

#4 Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Ruby-Amethyst
Ruby-Amethyst

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts
  • Members
I've got the same one Carolyn and yes it's X Cut, you can still find them if you google. Good luck.

#5 Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Frangipane
Frangipane

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Members
  • LocationDurham
I have an X Cut one too, but really prefer a scalpel as the blade is fixed and doesn't swivel and unloosen, like craft knives.

#6 Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Floatyflowers
Floatyflowers

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Members
  • LocationKent, UK
Ah, this is interesting as ive got the same problem as Amo_Angelus. Im finding that my blade keeps falling out when in use and im constantly tightening it. Any idea what im doing wrong? ( besides everything, lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users