The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sannimc

instructions in magazine

Hi as a complete beginner in sewing and knitting etc I have found it frustrating that there are not clearer instructions for the various projects. In this instance I refer to the scatter cushion in issue 41. The instructions to make the cushion up are to use an embroidery needle to " work v shaped feather stitches over each seam" I have no idea what a feather stitch is and how to do a v shaped one ..it would be great if the magazine had more tutorials and would teach more . If there is a project and you are asked to do a certain stitch it should explain how to do this.I have bought the magazine and have found the projects lovely but have not been able to finish a lot of them because of lack of clear tutorials. This has stopped me from buying any further issues but I would definatlely buy the magazine if it would teach me to actually do the projects.

I find written and pictures instructions really hard to follow, I taught myself to do loads of different stitches by videos theres loads on the net, if you keep watching loads you can pick up loads of stitches and techniques really quickly! I even taught myself to crochet (proudest moment!!) :)