The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knittingporky

(Be)Twixt & (Be)Tween Tuesday

Ha-ha see what I did there? ;-P

What a misty moisty morning in Devon.

Theres not a breath of air and quite a heavy mist lying in the Exe valley this morning.

Consequently everything is very still and even the sound of the motorway is muffled. Its never LOUD loud, but theres always a rumble in the background, but very soft this morning. So its twixt bleugh and between Yay as Im sure it will burn off later and be lovely again.

Well had a long day yesterday at work, 8 hours. I know it doesnt sound a lot, and pre-kids I did it every day, but Ive gotten out of the habit since having children. DD2 cooked - well she put the pre-made meal into the oven, so that was nice to come home to.

Caught the sun on Sunday, forehead and fore arms a bit pink yesterday, but I kept loading on the cream so its all faded and I hopefully wont peel. Legs a bit achey too, but that all seems to have faded.

What a shame about you expo K&F, this manky 'summer' really has put the mockers on events lately. Lets hope we get some more of the good stuff to help dry out venues. Luckily for us on Sunday they'd managed to lay a pretty dry course. Its was only spongy in a couple of places, but I know a lot of venues have had to postpone or even cancel. And what shame you suffer in the heat. I love it the hotter it is the happier I am so (as far as Im concerned) bring it on! :lol:

Time for a second coffee I suppose and to get ready for work (only a shorty today - 4 hours) .

Hope you all have a wonderful day

Morning Dee! :-) I've had my 2nd coffee already and now contemplating no.3! :lol: Hope the sunburn is cooling off, even though the weather is hotting up - cor, it's sultry out already and it's only just 9am! :roll:

Morning all. :-) I wonder what you're all up to today? Looooots of sunshine on the cards today here so I'll be keeping indoors most likely 'til this evening. :) I popped out really early - about 7:30am, which is very early for me these days - and did all the watering, so that should keep the veg and pot plants going through the day. :) Other than that the only thing on the agenda for today is working from home. OH nearly put the scuppers on that changing our internet channel last night. I checked it was working this morning and it wasn't and it took him 'til 1/2 hour after he should have left for work to get it running again, so keep your fingers crossed for me it doesn't go down! :ohh:

Have a good day all. I'll try and pop by again later. :) Will also try and get a piccy of Sissel up too. She hasn't got any eyelashes yet, but other than that she's all done. :cheese:

Morning all. No mist here and sun trying to break through the clouds. Its supposed to be around 20C. Washer just stopped - nice timing to put it out. DH a lot better today , his eye has gone down a lot but he's still popping the pain killers.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Take care

Flip, Goose I'll swap you 20 degrees for 28 - I'm wilting again! :lol:

I've had a mare of a morning - our broadband died so I had to drive to work at lunchtime to finish my shift. :-S So very glad to be back home in the relative cool of the house. :) It's Countdown, snooze and dress knitting for Sissel for me this afternoon! :-)

See you laters alligators! :cheese:

K&F sorry you would wilt here. Although we expected 20C we actually got 28C and I'm wilting now :lol: Needed to pop to the shops so DH came with me for some fresh air as he's feeling a lot better.

Dee hope your mist cleared and you got lots of lovely sun.

Its a cuppa for me then wash lunch dishes and then some crochet methinks.

Enjoy your day whatever you may be doing

Oh you lucky things. Its only 24 here.

I was right, when the mist burnt off (about 9) we had glorious blue sky, just in time for me to get my uniform on and go to work.

Home now and just grabbed a bite as Ive had nothing but a single biscotti today, before thinking about tea for me and the girls. Salady things spring to mind, although getting DD1 to eat anything other than cheesy instant mash atm is almost impossible

Realised I had made a huge hole in the shops shawl at some point yesterday, so had to frog it back and pick up the stitches >:( . Only about 150 stitches at the moment, but its the principle of the thing. glad I saw it now though and not in a couple of inches time

Keep cool everyone. lots of hydration is the key