The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
TusaClark

Sew Magazine Issue 38

Hi Marilyn

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your subscription. Please can you PM me your subscription details and I will see if there is anything I can do to improve the delivery times.

Thanks

Thanks EJH, but this has now been resolved, though not entirely satisfactorily I have to say. Part of the problem is that the e-mail response team pick up the next incoming e-mail and there's no real co-ordinated response. So even if you reply to a named person it's likely to be a different person who picks it up (I had FIVE people in all) and they don't always read the thread of preceding e-mails. The net result is that following my initial complaint in May my subscription was 'suspended' and the missing copies are now sold out. my subscription will resume again in September which means it will be October before I see an actual magazine (they are being sent to me by different delivery sytem now too apparenty so that's good). I've downloaded the three missing mags to catch up on my iPad. It's a real shame as I have every issue from Number one onwards. The worst part of the experience was the sheer frustration of having to deal with this in such a lengthy way, on one occasion I waited and waited for a response from a manager because the person i spoke to on the phone wasn't authorised to deal with it. Two weeks later I'd heard nothing. This is why I think the service could do with an overhaul. All well-meaning and helpful people but something lacking in the system I'd say.

I am sorry you have had such problems with our customer service team and that it has added to your frustration. I will make sure that your feedback is passed onto our customer services manager so that they can address this issue. Hopefully the change in the delivery method will ensure that the problem is resolved going forward.

Can you clarify which issues you have missed and I will see if I can track any down in our offices to send to you?

Apologies again for the problems you have had.

Kind regards

EJH

That's very kind Emma. The June issue is apparently on its way to me, but by the time the subscription is resumed with the October issue, I will be short of hard copies of the July, August and September magazines.

I'm glad that the feedback will go to the customer service manager, and I hope that some amendments can be made to the service. To repeat, everyone wa very courteous and well-meaning but I got the impression that it wasn't 'joined-up' thinking.