The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Saturated Saturday

Honestly...you wouldn't BELIEVE the rain over here the last 4 days and nights in a row!

Speaking of rows :lol: ... finally finished a cardi and hat for Z tonight, been a long time coming, glad I decided to go up a size!

Sooooo.... Helloooooooo!!!

Well, V is % & 1/2, R is just gone 4 and Z is 20 months. I'm knitting again, lost all my weight at last and I'm working for a slimming company part time, and ... life is busy but good.

I have missed this site! I'm back for good. How is everyone? Looking forward to chatting, I'll pop on this eve we've a birthday party to attend this morn (yes, crochet on the go is in the bag to keep Mum busy while the kiddies play)

Have a lovely Sat peeps, chat l8r xxx Dreamy

Welcome back Dreamy. Well done on losing the weight and the job.

We've had loads of rain too, apparently its going to be wet for the next 8 days :ahhh:

Off to the shops this morning stock up on food to feed the troops :lol: . Got a bit de-creasing to do but nothing else planned as yet.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Take care.

Hello and welcome back Dreamy!

Yup it's still raining down here too, we have constant puddles in our garden (I'm sure I saw a flock of geese moving in as they thought it was a mini lake...) and our wimpy dog doesn't like going out :lol: Anyway DF came home with my looms last night so I just had to have a go :) Must say it really is fast and easy so I should be able to get stocked up on hats in time for winter. I also made a tiara for my niece last night - just got to embellish it with bits and bobs now. Not much planned for today although I still have the humongous pile of de-creasing and all the uniforms/work stuff to wash....

Dreamy sounds like your kiddies are growing up fast!! Well done on the weight loss (I've still got to tackle that) and the job! Alex is now 17 months and Ellie is almost 5 1/2 :)

Goose you will have to brush up DH on his DIY skills and get him building an Ark with all that rain!

Speak later folks xx

Su2ie you could be right an ark might just be needed :lol: Supposed to be thunder and lightning this afternoon :ahhh: .

Well shopping is done so I'm staying in. I did buy some custard powder to try the custard cake this week-end.

Just watching Trooping of the colour.

Hope you all have a great day.

Just waiting for lunch - apropos the weather, I thought I saw a yellow submarine in the garden! Custard cake sounds good; I have baked the Nigella one & it puffs right up-yum! Off to LYS this afternoon, so windy I will probably be blown there. I have offered to knit an aran car coat for my colleague- cream cables from now 'til Christmas I think. How is the loom knitting going? Can you make socks on one? That would be good as I can't get to grips with more than two needles at a time.

Keep on knitting in the free world!