The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
abbiesouthern

Question of the month: Do you finish a project before starting a new one?

Hi all,

This month we'd like to know if you wait to finish a new pattern before starting a new one or are you more of an impulsive knitter?

I am a fickle little knitter and cast-on whenever I get the will to knit something new.

Let us know what you think!

I try to finish one thing before starting the next but i am not very good at it. I am currently waiting to get more yarn for one project so had to cast on a second and i am tempted to start a third as well.

I nearly always finish one project before starting another.. However, there are exceptions....

I start thinking about my next project half way through my current one and if a swatch is needed will do this in conjunction with my current project so I'm ready to go when I'm finished..

if I run out of yarn I may start another project..

If it is a large /complicated pattern/project I might do a small quick project in between..

I'm a completer/finisher I can not have lots of WIPs as I know I will not go back and finish them as I usually fall out of love with them.

I agree with Fi. Before I discovered LK back in the day when I was a beginner, I did one project at a time. Then I started subscribing and that was it - projects were cast on as quick as I turned pages there were so many glorious things to make! :lol: