The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
victorialouise27

Still "Popping"

I've been at this "Pop" sweater for over two years (LK issue September 09). Tonight I realised why it's taking me so long.... after the delights of using bamboo or rosewood needles with the lovely Galaxy, it suddenly dawned on me that I've been really struggling with the slipperiness of the vintage Patons Pearl on metal needles.

So I scurried off to dig out the free 4mm bamboo needles that came with LK a while ago. Oh no, they weren't there in the packet! Then I remembered that I gave them away to the little girl in the New Forest who was fascinated with my magic ball and domino blanket! So that's OK and I will just have to persevere.

The yarn is so shiny the photo hasn't come out well, you can't really see the pattern. I'll have to try again in daylight. But meanwhile, in honour of my recent pledge to myself to get more organised, I reckon by putting a photo here I'll now be motivated to finish the jumper. Just one more sleeve then the deep v-neck and it'll be done! Hurrah!

Victoria x

Thanks ladies.

I started the second sleeve and.......

The patten is for 3/4 length sleeves. Well, I wanted full-length, so I'd altered the pattern. Trouble is, I didn't write it down so when I started the second sleeve, I couldn't remember what I'd done. I had done about four inches before I realised it was different. Ho hum. :-S

I looked carefully again at the first sleeve and now, after ripping back to the rib and starting again, I'm half-way up the second sleeve again. Keep 'em crossed for me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR :-)

Victoria x