The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
gene1genie

Knitted hats for our soldiers serving in Afghanistan

Our soldiers serving in Afghanistan often have to sleep in tents. Imagine how cold that must be. I have a friend who makes patchwork quilts and she was visited by three soldiers who came to pick up some quilts she had made for them. One said to her "what we could do with is knitted hats to sleep in". So I am asking everyone I know to help by knitting hats for our boys. Your local British legion should be able to help if you need more info. Happy Christmas knitting gene1genie

Thank you all, it is good to know I am not alone in trying to help, and thank you for welcoming me to the forum. . Met four friends for Christmas lunch today and they are all going to knit. Yippee. Gene

I contacted the RBL, as suggested by Genie; they in turn directed me to Support Our Soldiers. I've now been in touch with SOS, awaiting a reply, because there was nothing specific on their website about hats. I'll keep you posted but if Genie has a more appropriate contact then that would be great, because I seem to be getting nowhere fast,which is a shame.

Victoria x