The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Web Talk & "Real" Life.....

one other thing... whatever about the text speak/web speak thing, at least the phonetics are correct, what REALLY irks me is all the posts that are put up everyhere - esp on FB - which go to prove the very low level of spelling that's out there!!! I'm constantly amazed when I read things like ''without been interupted'' instead of without BEING interrupted'' and thousands more examples. I'm not saying I'm perfect I know I have made mistakes a plenty in the past but these are glaringly obvious spelling errors from people you think would know better!

The misuse of there/their/they're drives me BANANAS!!!! :lol:

I wonder how long it will be before the text speak versions will reflect the poor spelling and grammar :-S

I see a lot of poor written English at my work, our professional qualification includes an honours degree but the Uni doesn't seem at all interested in quality, as long as the candidates can waffle at length. Sigh. (I did the degree myself so include myself in those that can waffle :lol: ) We then have to send written reports to the court, who get to complete a feedback form, which includes feedback on grammar and spelling...... :smirk:

Never mind, we'll keep knitting and all will be well with the world :-)

Victoria x

I think people don't understand these days, that the problem with poor English is the fact that you cannot tell the meaning if it is really bad, language is there so we can communicate with each other. I don't mean to offend anyone who struggles because language is not their thing, it is when it is just downright laziness and incomprehensible , then I get stuck for what to do.