The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Buzyknitting

Sunny Sunday Morning

Morning girlies ....

It's sunny here at the moment but we've had rain overnight ..... Don't know if we're due more today though as I haven't looked at the forecast yet .....

Had a grotty night but that's par for the course but do feel better after needles yesterday .....

Will be cracking on with bits for Gallery 2 & trying to avoid the emulsion when Mr Buzy's painting later .....

Have a good day everyone & I'll see you later xxx

Afternoon!

Got up and finished school reports, then headed out to car boot sale...only to find it had moved a looooooooooooooong way away! Oh well, at least it's saved me some money. made some little cheescake/cupcake things, which look lovely, and just had lunch. Going to get in some knitting in a bit, I think.

Buzy: the rain woke me up in the night, but I was just so glad it came!

Goose: hope you manage to get some knitting in

Right, off to pick up the needles x

Afternoon girls ....

Well we've had sunshine for the last few hours although it's clouding over a bit now ....

I've just had an order for a baby cardi so need to do that & then get back to the gallery bits .....

Had a lovely roast chook for lunch with all the trimmings cooked by Mr Buzy & he's spent most of the afternoon reading the papers ......

hatful - happy knitting

Goose - poor DS getting so wet .... Kind of him to go & get the car though ....

Have a lovely evening everybody & I'll see you in the morning xx

Hello all, sounds like everyone has had a good day despite the unpredictable rain.

OH and did a sprint triathlon today, my first triathlon since 2006 so it was a bit of tester, especially since I've not been able to train much for one reason or another (mostly poor health). Still, I achieved - nay exceeded - my personal goals of:

1. Not walking at all on the 5k run

2. Target time of 2.15 hours

3. Stretch target time of 2 hours

I am delighted that I didn't walk at all and finished in 1 hour 59 minutes 22 seconds! I finished 254 of 266 starters so not a good placing but I now feel that I'm well on the road to recovery.

I even found time tonight to sit down and do some knitting - a bamboo/cotton T-shirt style top with a bit of a lace pattern. I'm determined to finish it in time to wear in the next batch of warm weather.

All the best everyone

Victoria x

Well done! How far are the cycling and swimming sections? If I survive the half marathon at the end of the year, I might be tempted to do a triathalon.