The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
KnitSteve

WIP Hat

I'm currently working on several things, but the most important is a gift for my wife. I'm using the Kuzco Pattern from Issue 38, p14, but adapted to suit her tastes better :) I've created my own intarsia charts for it and so far it's looking good. In the mag, the earflaps have stripes but I've changed those to a reduced size intarsia pattern based on the main one that will be on the hat's main body. I've also changed the colours so that the main colour is a lilac blue, with pink and pale green as the other two colours. I'm using the pink for the 2 colour rib section and the background of the intarsia sections, with the pale green as lines and the detail in the intarsia sections.

I'll take a photo when it's done :)

I had to come up with something special, Victoria - it'll be Jenny's birthday in early February ;-)

I started learning in November last year Goose :-)

It's hard work - I've never had to work with so many stitches at once before LOL!

Thanks Suzy and Buzyknitting :red: I just have lots of time and no responsibilities ;-)

Had to take a break this afternoon - cramp in my fingers LOL! All that yarn handling in the intarsia ;-) Hopefully it'll be finished well ahead of time...