The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
~*DillyDaydream*~

Do you make your own envelopes?

Hello all!!

Do any of you make your own envelopes and cards or do you buy them ready made?

I've always brought them in sets, but I was wondering if it was cheaper to make your own? Or is it really not worth the hassle?

Also!! Can any one tell me why I can get a pack of 50 cream card for the same price as 20 white in Hobby Craft?!?! I thought white would be cheaper, but it doesn't seem to be!!

Thanks

Hi Dilly, I do a bit of both. But one of my pet hates is plain envelopes. So I always line them and decorate them. But I always make my own boxes and 3D envelopes for chunkier cards. There is another post on envelopes here. I'm not to sure how much your paying from Hobbycraft I haven't bought envelopes in a long time as I have a huge stash to get through. But the Works usually have very good card and envelope packs and so do Argos take a look here Click on Gifts, then Arts and Crafts and then you'll find them under Papercrafts. Also check out Lakeland.

I didn't know Argos did anything like that! I'm off to have a look, thanks!

There's a 'The Works' in town but all the craft stuff is up stairs and there's no lift, which would be fine but I'm in a wheel chair!! lol I'll have a look to see if they have a website.

Thanks for the help, I can't remember how much I paid, it was £5 something for 50 cards and envelopes. I did get some cheaper white ones off ebay but the woman I got them from doesn't sell them any more!

Thanks again!