~*DillyDaydream*~
~*DillyDaydream*~

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Members
  • LocationWiltshire
Hello all!! Do any of you make your own envelopes and cards or do you buy them ready made? I've always brought them in sets, but I was wondering if it was cheaper to make your own? Or is it really not worth the hassle? Also!! Can any one tell me why I can get a pack of 50 cream card for the same price as 20 white in Hobby Craft?!?! I thought white would be cheaper, but it doesn't seem to be!! Thanks

#2 Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

maggie50
maggie50

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 43,499 posts
  • Members
  • LocationScotland
Probably because white is more popular hunni xx Maggie

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.' 

http://www.craftsuprint.com/default.cfm?r=571867 

#3 Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

ickle pickle
ickle pickle

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 6,413 posts
  • Members
Hi Dilly, I do a bit of both. But one of my pet hates is plain envelopes. So I always line them and decorate them. But I always make my own boxes and 3D envelopes for chunkier cards. There is another post on envelopes here. I'm not to sure how much your paying from Hobbycraft I haven't bought envelopes in a long time as I have a huge stash to get through. But the Works usually have very good card and envelope packs and so do Argos take a look here Click on Gifts, then Arts and Crafts and then you'll find them under Papercrafts. Also check out Lakeland.

#4 Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

~*DillyDaydream*~
~*DillyDaydream*~

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Members
  • LocationWiltshire
I didn't know Argos did anything like that! I'm off to have a look, thanks! There's a 'The Works' in town but all the craft stuff is up stairs and there's no lift, which would be fine but I'm in a wheel chair!! lol I'll have a look to see if they have a website. Thanks for the help, I can't remember how much I paid, it was £5 something for 50 cards and envelopes. I did get some cheaper white ones off ebay but the woman I got them from doesn't sell them any more! Thanks again!

#5 Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

~*DillyDaydream*~
~*DillyDaydream*~

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Members
  • LocationWiltshire
Wow! just looked at Argos! I didn't know they did so much stuff!! Thanks! I'm off to ask him if he'll take me to argos tomorrow! He hates Hobby craft, so I can get him to argos with out him knowing what is for!! ;-)

#6 Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

Ickle Flea
Ickle Flea

• Members
    Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Members
  • LocationEngland
Surprisingly yes argos do do a lot of card creating sets :) I get quite a few packs from there they tend to be good for envelope and card sets xx
:vampire: RAWR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users