The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knit&flee

Blue sparkly socks

Actually K&F are you sharing the pattern you wrote at all? I'd like to try toe up socks at some point :)

I looked on Lidl Ireland site and the wool isn't coming up on the specials but might pop there tomorrow once I have the car just in case.....

Su2ie, the yarn is called Classic Collection "Rainbow Glitz" DK. It comes in loads of colours and only cost me £2.99. A 100g ball is approx. 300m so I've got tonnes left. :)

Goose, I much prefer the toe-up method because you get a much neater toe using the invisible cast-on method. It's a bit fiddly, but once you've got it you've got it and the toe is fiddly however you approach it, so I like to get it out the way first! :lol: And also you get to make the leg bit as long as you like when you finish, so if you've got a limited amount of yarn it's easier to see when to stop. And you can make the top of the leg a fancy edge if you want. :cheese:

Su2, not sure if the pattern is ready for sharing. I need to do a bit more work round the heel as what I've written down doesn't add up, but somehow it works out alright! :lol: And I have an ace tip to share for that bit too. I'll have a look at it over the weekend and if I can sort it out I'll let you know. :)