The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Pleased to meet you!

HI all

on the back of Carol's request I thought i'd start a intro thread - which maybe could become a sticky? so that new guys and gals can find out bits about us old uns!

so, here goes

I'm 36 yrs old, married to a fantastic hubbie who is a SAHD (Stay At Home Dad) to our little boy, Warwick, also known as HRM (His Royal Milkiness, on account of his love of milk!) who, at 2.5 yrs of age, is the love of our lives. I work at the RAC part time, have an Avon round and do some knitting commissions/orders.We live in Walsall in the West Midlands but hanker for the country/seaside life- maybe one day. We also have a dog, a rescue Staffie/lab cross, who was rescued by a rehoming centre in Gloucester from a 7 day destruction notice, and we were looking for a dog and found a pic of him on line, fell in love with him, and drove the 90 mins journey to get him! he is approx 6 yrs old and is as daft as a brush and wonderful with Warwick.

My primary craft love is knitting. I keep trying Crochet, but so far it eludes me, and i'm too caggy handed for other crafty things so leave the jewellery making/carding to the ones that can!

so, thats kind of me in a nutshell. who's next???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Giddy..

So perhaps I should intoduce myself (as it was my idea)..

My name is Carol, I'm 45 live with my OH Barry, we run a pet services business and I am a professional foster carer, looking after adolescents! I used to be a prison officer at HMP Holloway .. so teenagers dont faze me too much lol

I have a daughter Sophie 15, sadly her dad was killed in a car crash when I was pregnant with her. Barry has three boys from a previous relationship who come stay most weekends 17, 13, 10. I also have an almost 18 yr old foster daughter who has lived with us since she was 12.

I have 3 cats and two dogs, Murphy 2 yr old GSD who arrived here as a rescue from Ireland at 10 weeks, and Kali who is a 7 year old min poodle. I am heavily into dog rescue, and generally have a foster dog too.. currently it is 9 mth old Alfie, an apricot poodle ..

I have recently come back to knitting.. and am really following patterns for the first time (its a revelation!)

Looking forward to hearing about you all..

Carol xx

My name is Sharon and I'm 44 years old. I live with my husband of 23 years and our two children, Sam 15 and Rebecca 11. I worked as a legal secretary for a local firm of solicitors and have done for the last 25 years. We live in a small village in Derbyshire in the heart of the Peak District. My Mum taught me to knit when I was 9 and apart from a break from about 2000 to 2007 I have always knit. Apart from knitting my other hobbies are football (I am a season ticket holder for Derby County) and reading. I love cats and have 5 ranging in age from 17 to 1 year. Over the years I seem to have picked up cats here and there that required a home. We also have a dog (but he is most definitely my husband's dog).

I'm Liz and I live in Mid Wales with my OH, my sister and her boyfriend. I'm 26 and OH is 30-we've been together 4 years this month.

I work as a veterinary nurse in a local practice and am also qualified to teach student nurses, which takes up a lot of my time.

I'm pregnant with our first child, due in November. We have a min poodle called Darcy and a British Shorthair cat named Imogen who are best friends!

I have been knitting since I was at university although I'm still really a beginner, I try!

Call me RC, don't worry about the 7!

I knit for me, my family and a load of orphans in Africa. Happily married to a guy I refer to as Husband on here, he came into my life with with two children who have both left home now. I live in Brighton, the big grey blob on the south coast of England, direct south of London on the map. Husband works freelance, and I help him, plus sometimes I get a few pennies for a craft design. I scrapbook, cross stitch, knit...if you can do it by hand I want to! I like animals, but don't have a pet here, just some stray cats that I feed at our caravan in northern France.

I like LK a lot because it comes with a GSOH, and I like the original kinds of patterns they come up with.

Thanks Giddy - great thread, good thinking Carol!

Hi I'm Dreamy!

I'm 37 and married to Sporticus ;) well, that's what I call him on here :) who is 49. He is a third level teacher/lecturer, we'll be married 10years in October and we live with our two beautiful boys V who is 3 & 1/2 and R who is 2, in Carlow, about an hour south of Dublin on the east coast of Ireland. We also have a jack russell called Penny.

Our house is in a rural area and I regularly describe it as being ''in the woods'' since you have to drive everywhere :roll: :-)

I got back into serious knitting when I became a SAHM in 2006 after V was born, but I've been a fan of the craft since I started when I was 7. I hope to get back into the workforce someday as I miss the social aspect, using my brain, and the income!

I dabble in other crafts but knitting is my number 1, then there's baking, cooking and gardening too! (not enough hours in the day)

I've only ever had a handful of friends until I joined this wonderful site and met all my knitty pals without whom my life would be a much lonlier place :kiss: :cheese:

I am expecting Dreamybean, our third (and last) baby in October!

That's all I think :)