The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Rhea Cape 1st half finished

Hi everyone,

Well well well................ after much deliberation about what to knit as a birthday pressie for my sister, I settled on Rhea, a cape from a free LK supplement pattern (it came with stripey 12mm needles) You may remember I only had Aran wool to work with and Buzy told me that holding two strands of Aran with 1 of DK would be the same weight as 2 strands of chunky held together.

The samples Buzy sent me of her stash DK didn't match but last Friday I found the exact same wool as my Aran, in the DK version!!!! I could hardly believe it! So I am flying at the project and almost finished the first side.

I have to say...you were supposed to be abe to knit it on your 'free' needles pmsl the total number of stitches on the last 6 rows is 162, the most I could fit on the (relatively short) free 12mm's was 50! so I am now working on 40cm 12mm's (otherwise known as telegraph poles ) and even at that it is a really tight squash!

Will post a pic this evening x

well I only cast on last Friday! Here we are on Wednesday and the first half is done, it's a really quick knit :lol:

That's lovely Dreamy. I really liked that pattern when I got the mag but didn't have the right yarn so it's still on my would really like to do list when I see the yarn I would like to do it in.

post-48915-13668157318228_thumb.jpg

Looking good Dreamy

I managed last year to get a friend back into knitting and when she looked through my stash of mags and patterns her daughter picked this one out, so she borrowed the pattern and knitted it for her :)

i remember someone else saying that the free needles were just too short for the pattern too dreamy.

however, that and telegraph poles aside, it looks great! cant wait to see the finished product

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx