The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
BEZZ1203

JANOME 8077 ADVICE

Hi

My husband has just treated me to a Janome 8077 to replace the Frister Rossman Cub I had been using, which had originally been my Mums.

The manual is very basic and I am still not sure what all the stitches are for and I am slowly adjusting to the 40 year jump in technology so was wondering if anyone has any hints, tips or advice to get the best out of the machine.

I am no sewing expert and am hopefully going to be using the machine to make clothes for my little girl, if she ever sleeps long enough for me to get anything done!

Any help greatfully received.

Cheers

Cheryl

xxx

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forum :) I know exactly what you mean about trying to find some quiet time with a little one running around LOL. Check out this video here, hopefully it will be able to answer a few of your questions :)

Good luck finding some spare 'me' time and I look forward to seeing your makes :)

I have a John Lewis machine which is made by Janome, and I used a piece of waste fabric and spent a quiet afternoon and played with the different stitches. I use some of the decrotive ones on hems and down the front of garments. When my daughters were small I made all their clothes with only three patterns which I mixed and matched to make different styles. You can make some really individual clothes for children with a bit of imagination and trimmings.

Good luck with your machine and enjoy it.