The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
angel8676

It's nearly the end of the week!

morning all

buzy - she obviously doesnt understand what you meant by "cornish" - silly bugger.

also, she's posted another blog which has been completely ignored by all - fantastic!

well, HRM was up at 5 am - urgh, so we came down at 6 am and i knitted a bag for the moss st challenge - took 3 hrs altogether - what a way to chill! pic to follow later.

we're off to do the avon ina bit - although its very very cold.

hope all those who are poorly get well, and we all have a lovely stress free day

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooooh Cornish pastie cozy? Sorry was that wrong?? Seriously though the woman is on another planet - so many people have tried to reason with her and failed. Maybe the mods on there have tried to talk to her but failed too?

Morning Buzy, MrsH and Giddy :-) Just having another coffee then think its about time I got a shower, mind you may do a little ironing first :)

Later!!

Ok so I am out of the loop on this Miss Nasty Knickers thing...obviously it is all happening elsewhere on the net, and it is why my father thinks the internet is the end of civilization (I mean people like Miss N K posting things on it), but

Suzie, I thought "Cornish" would have meant in blue and white stripes, like traditional Cornish crockery is, not Cornish pasty. Don't feel silly, because you have a migraine there, and I know a migraine can really cause your head not to work.

Buzy, anyone who is criticizing your kitchen knitting is mad (just my opinion, of course).

Having said that, there is some mad happening out there, I got thrown out of a shop for shopping in it the other day. I was just about to get up and buy this magazine, when some woman pops out of an office and says "Excuse me, excuse me, you can't just sit on the floor and read the magazines...SORRY." I had been sitting on the floor for two minutes max, and the only reason I was sitting on the floor was because the magazine I was looking at was on a shelf that was two inches from the floor itself, and I would rather sit than bend that far since I have a slightly damaged back. Plus, as I say, I was just about to buy the thing.

Hi again - RC your little story about the shop made me giggle. You are right tho there is a lot of madness out there. There was a time when shop keepers would let you browse without purchase in the hope you would return and buy something at a later date. Now however it's a no buy no touch policy in most places. I think it's rather sad. Can you imagine going into a yarn shop and not being able to fondle the yarn before buying "argh torture".

MIL and FIL turned up although not for a visit apparently but to drop off their PC for my hubby to fix (he's a bit of a whizz when it comes to pc's) then promptly left to go and get some lunch. They are returning around 3pm to pick up the PC then off they''ll be going home. Could of got away without the mad cleaning session yesterday but at least it's done now. Mind you they never pass judgement on my housekeeping skills anymore. I think it's because when we first got married they arrived unexpectedly one day and I was sat in my PJ's on the couch having just got up. MIL tried to suggest my time would have been better spent dusting the surfaces and promptly ran her finger over one of them to highlight the dust on them. I promptly handed her a duster and said go for it if it worries you that much. Funnily enough she's never mentioned it since. I'm not excessively house proud and although I keep everything clean things can be a bit untidy sometimes just cos we have so much stuff. We also seem to live in rather a dusty area so you can dust every hour or so and it would still be there the next day. I have better things to do with my time than to be tied to the kitchen sink, duster and hoovers so tend to do it every other day or so and I am also lucky in that hubby is very well trained in that department so it's not just down to me to do it.

Anyways I'll stop rambling about dust now lol and wish everyone a good afternoon.

Andrea

Buzy - Sorry have to say it as have no tact in these matters..... But seriously, 'REMOVE THAT JEALOUSLY CHIP FROM YOUR SHOULDER AND GET A LIFE', sad cow!!! (NK).....

Had to quickly go dry cleaners and drop my coat in, then put my sisters money in for her birthday tomorrow. Then I dropped the REG form for Jake's nursery then finally a couple bits from sainsburys.....

Boys are having a nap so thought I would catch up....

Suz- Hope you head eases up..

Mrs H- Enjoy the needles and your inlaws visit....

Giddy- Sounds lush.... Poor you tho with the LO......

RC7- Another rude cow!!! Cheeky madam...(def hormonal) I would of told her where to stick it!!!!

Hello knitty people! :cheese: How's your days going? Angel, just been reading about your nasty bloke at work last night. Grr, how very dare he! Good luck with it today and hope the rest of the team are confident enough to say what they think. Update us later - I'm sure we all want to know how it goes. :)

RC, I felt quite cross on your behalf after reading your story. If some busy-body shop-keeper said that to me, I'd have explained myself and if they hadn't apologised I'd have walked out and would now be boycotting the shop and buying my stuff elsewhere. Honestly, some people have no manners these days. It makes me so cross when people are rude for no good reason! >:(

Blast, I've forgotten what everyone else said. Well I got myself knitting for the challenge last night. I've had a pattern I wanted to knit up for months, but I'd forgotten about it. When I realised I could do just a colour change and not moss st it popped back into my head, so I'm doing just a colour change instead. I haven't done one for a long time, so need the practise! I hope it turns out OK. I'm off for a bit of a lunch-time knit to do a bit more to it. Hope I get it done in time!

Catch up with you later! :cheese: