The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Such sad news (possibly sensitive)

First off I apologise for only picking up on this thread now...29th.

Giddy my darling..........without replying to your post by bragging about my own Dad (RIP), reading about yours is almost textbook, including the litany of illnesses. I'm so so sorry that you have lost the Dad you loved so much, and believe me.. nothing, can ever refill that gaping Dad shaped hole in your world.

Be eternally grateful for your boxing day memories. On Sunday Dec 20th last year we put off going down home to visit Dad in hospital as he was going home on Tues and we decided to visit then and make that our Christmas visit at the same time, unfortunatley he died on Monday morning and never came home and I am since racked with regret that I didn't drive down to see him.

I think as hard as it is to lose someone special, it is all the worse at Christmastime, as the season will never be the same. Sincere condolences to you and OH and HRM, your Mum and your family. We will go to the church tomorrow and light some candles for your Dad....and some more for you to help you through the coming weeks. (((((((hugs))))))))

Take your time coming back here, but know that when you do feel up to it, we will be here and we love you even if you don't feel like posting

xxx Jennifer

I'm so sorry to read this, I can empathise a little with you as I lost my dad under similar circumstances 14 years ago (he was 58)...not a day goes by that I don't think about him. Sending huge hugs to you and your family at this very sad time

xxxxxx

Oh Katie,

Ive been off-line for a few days and only just seen this.

May I add my condolences to those of the others and just re-affirm that we'll all be thinking if you with love and hugs.

A loss like this is hard at any times and only made harder at this time of year.

Give HRM a special big hug

x