The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
squeakiemouse

Wintery Wednesday...Brrrrrrrr!

I haven't been to bed yet. I've been sitting up waiting for my MiL to arrive for Christmas. She's here safe at last after 13 hours on the road - the drive normally takes 4 - 5 hrs depending on stops. Andy has taken her to the travellodge to get her checked in. I'm going to run him a bath and make him a cup of tea. He has been so worried as she was driving on her own and at one point managed to travel only 15 miles in 3 hrs!

Hopefully I'll get on line tomorrow after some sleep, I do need at least 8 hrs otherwise I'm a bad tempered grump and I don't do coffee to waken me up.

Morning everyone :-)

I haven't even looked out the window so don't know what the weather is doing!

Have plans today to walk to town. I could take the car but this close to Christmas it might be difficult to park plus I need the exercise. I need peanuts for the bird feeders in the garden and orange for Ellie and that's about it thankfully. Ooh and to see if they have any goats or ewes cheese in the new deli in town :cheese:

Last night I whipped up a last minute hat as a pressie for one of my friends little boys then knit a new collar for a jumper with a too tight neck. My original knit collar didn't look right so I did a different one instead. Hope to post pics of both later.

Squeakie glad your MIL arrived safely. My MIL always stays in a hotel in town despite us now having room for her to stay with us as she likes her own space :)

Sharon have fun at the do and that amount of time off is pants! In the past I had just 2 days off from work and it felt like I had no holiday at all so I really do feel for you. I am forever grateful for being a SAHM now as I worked all the time when my boys were young so I take my hat off to all those working mums out there :)

whats a SAHM??

morning everyone well if my OH last day of work today and they have chucked him at a site 3 hours away whiwh is snowy and icy and this site like to keep him til 6 :-( so prob wont see him til bout bed time lol anyway i am havin a nice day making bags for poeples xmas gifts and relaxing with knitting, prob will have the jahovas over later to say hello and a few things.

other than that i ahve done the washing up....my partner made a vegetable soup....he blized it and it has come out the colour of erm......you get the idea.... lol but its tasty full of goodness and the likes. plus soup is brill for chilly days like today. there is no more snow but we syill ahve it on our roads and things

my brother decided to stay at his hanger last night cause the snow....now he at his new girlfreinds house and well its a 2 hour (normal drive) from there. so prob wont see him today, although he owes me a bottle of jamesons, maybe thats the reason. he crashed his car on sat and it needs fixin....its drivable tho.

anyhu have a lvoely day all ...hope its not to bust for last min shoppin etc...just happy to say i ahve done mine :-)

Hi Jennie - SAHM is just stay at home mum :-)

Sounds like a nice chilling day for you today with soup too :cheese: I might make some potato and parsnip soup later. Hope your OH isn't home too late.

Well I finally looked out of the window and it looks like last night rain has frozen - again. So I guess I will have to get my skates on for town!!!