The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

NEW!! Knitty Challenge - ENDS 14TH FEBRUARY 2010 - give a hat to a stranger - what's the Big Issue?!?! - NOW CLOSED

HIya

Just thought I'd bump this post back into view as the "C" period is now well and truly as far away as it ever was.

Happy Knitting ladies, cant wait to see the finished articles - yes, dont forget to take a pic before you give it away!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah now I've been looking at our Big Issue ladies in town over the "C" period and trying to work out which colours would suit them best :lol: Don't want to do something they would hate now would I? Thing is now I'm worrying they may not like them as they tend to wear headscarves :-S

I haven't forgotten about it Katy, My hats are strictly not going to the homeless but to the apeal for the Seamans Mission who give them out to men who haven't any family and work on the boats.

Hi there,

I have agonised over this, and of course it is everyone's choice who they give their knits to. However, the point of this challenge is for Homeless people, and although I salute what you are doing as a wonderful thing, your entries cant count as you have said they wont be going to homeless people.

I hope the Seamans Mission appreciate your makes - I am sure those sailors certainly will.

I am sorry if this offends you suzyb, or anyone else, but there werent many rules to this challenge, but to give the hat to a homeless person was one of them, and it wouldnt be fair on other people joining in, who do pluck up the courage to give a hat to a homeless person, a complete stranger, which was the other rule.

Katy xxxxxxx