The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Weightloss Accountability System!

Okay then, I'm not stealing Katy's thunder as I think the Let's Knotter's Weightloss thread is a fab idea and a great place to swap hints and tips, I just feel a thread full of weightloss PLEDGES might keep some of us (especially me!) more motivated.

I've done WW, SW, UniSlim, etc etc.

They all work in their own way but for me the best weightloss system is to conquer each day as it arrives. Unfortunately at the moment every Mon, Tues & Wed is excellent, then I fall on my fat face Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun!! :lol:

Don't know about you guys but I think an Accountability System similar to RC7's Knitting one is a great way to stay focused every day. I thought if we could set each other little challenges, or challenge ourselves, then we might achieve our goal weights a little faster.........after all Christmas is approaching and I for one would like to fit into my LBD by then :-)

So I'll monitor the pledges, and hopefully we'll see some results!

Here goes with my pledge for today, I'm not going to have any chocolate tonight and I'm going to drink another two glasses of water before I go to bed, also, if it is fine in the morning I pledge to get my walk in before lunch. I pledge to lose 2lbs this week, because I KNOW I can do it as long as I don't fall down at the weekend (but now that you lot are here to support me come Thursday I know that is not going to happen any more!! :)

If you decide to join me in making little pledges I will keep them updated best I can.

Best of luck everyone xxx and thanks in advance for your support xxx

Ps for anyone interested if you weigh yourself this week, you will have 14 more 'weigh-ins' to Christmas week (and at only 1lb a week that means you could be a stone lighter by Christmas!)

Good idea Dreamy :)

I have been trying really hard to be good today too as I got on the scales and they were NOT kind :red: My weight can be a bit up and down anyway due to IBS, water retention and the time of the month so I hate pledging for lbs as I know I can weight up to 4lb heavier or lighter by the day! I'm sure there are others out there this happens to as well....

Anyway I think I will start off with a simple pledge of not to eat any crisps as they are one of my downfalls and to drastically cut down on my mayo intake AND when we run out to get the lower fat version instead :-)

Small steps I think and I will soon get into the swing of dieting again!!!

You know I think that is the secret Su2ie - I read somewhere that small changes over time can lead to big savings in calorie intake.

I'm the same with the crisps, especially with a sandwich...such a joke really, I'll make a really healthy wholegrain sandwich and "dress-up" the plate with a packet a cheese and onion crisps! :lol:

Update on my pledge...I didn't snack last night while knitting and I feel so much better this morning, not full of guilt like usual.

Today I'm going to get my walk in before lunch, drink all my 2.5l water, and not snack on rubbish!

Off now to update my Knitting Accountability System pledge!! :)

WATCH OUT WATCH OUT - FATTY COMING THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreamy, this is a fab idea - no thunder stolen whatsoever!!!!!

I snacked last night - and it will be my last night.

I am with you - complete with wobbly bits and my cellulite

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've had a couple of caramel snackerjacks for breakfast - not the healthiest but I would have topped plain ones with something and they're only 2% fat.

Hey girls we can do this!!! :-)

Right, I am back. OH is getting himself off for a sleep so i can pledge proper!!!

I am doing an hrs walking with pushchair today, prob about 1.75 miles in total and we are having chilli or something like for tea.

I have had a couple of digestives and a couple of rich tea with my coffee having had cheerios for breakfast.

yes, we can do it! along with anyone else who chooses to jump on the band wagon (with me on it, it better have good suspension!!!!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx