The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
love2knit4meboys

Sunday!!!!!

Dreamy lots and lots of love to you. I too have been there some years ago. Miscarried at 3 months so I really do understand. Give yourself lots of TLC. Sometimes life's a b***h and I know that more than most at the minute. xxx :down:

Dreamy in answer to your churchy question its a Methodist church I go to and packed every week too. Like Buzy we don't have an organ but have what's known as a Praise Group with electric guitars, simple drums, tamborines and occasionally a keyboard player. On occasion we sing without musical accompaniment. I couldn't get on with CofE but really enjoy Methodist services :)

[

Dreamy - our church has a projector too & we have a band that plays - no organ for us!! Mind you that would be difficult as we meet in a school sports hall! Ours is an evangelical church with 400 people+ each week. We have everybody from babies to a lady in her 80's!! We have loads of young people too which is great. Have you tried any other churches locally to see if you can find one that's not boring? Might be worth a go? Would be great if you could find somewhere that you really love going to.

Buzy

I never thought of deflecting! I kinda felt it would be irreverent to do so. Thinking about it now I suppose it's way more irreverent to not be going at all! After all we share the same God right? Only under different titles.

I'll look into it. Trouble is my DS1 is nearing school age, all our local schols are RC and he will be receiving the RC sacraments as he gets older. So even if I go to a service in another denomination, I will still have to bring him to the RC ones and I don't know why they are sooooo boring, it is sooooo much harder to keep little uns entertained when there is nothing to keep them interested.

Suz - you mean that although you are Cof E you just started going to Methodist and liked it? So have you changed faith or just going to worship in your own way? I'm really intrigued by this conversation and very curious...hope you don't think I'm prying

TBH I miss practicing, it's just I fell out of the habit of going when I had the babies and had no babysitter etc.. Also I dread bumping into MIL and SIL who are real altar bashers (I know I know :roll: putting on their holier than thou church faces and then snub you outside the gate) Huh!

Well as far as I can see we between Methodist/CofE/Avangelist we all celebrate The Lord but the services are all different. My MIL is in a Free Church and I've been to their services and the congregation take the service or Leaders as there isn't a vicar. I think the main difference with these faiths and RC is that RC is very much based around the Holy Mary (well I think correct me if I'm wrong!). I found CofE too hard going on the kiddies when my boys were younger because of the ritual involved but you don't get so much of it in our Methodist church, just lots of singing and praise and occasionally holy communion. There's something going on every day of the week too with bible studies and coffee mornings and of course there's Sundy school, the creche, mums and toddler group, picnics in the church grounds after services.

Not sure how Ellie will get on not being RC when she goes to school but I'm guessing they can't make her take the sacraments when she's older if we don't want her to. Think all of our local schools are RC as well. Also know what you mean by the holier than thou bit as my Confirmation was ruined in a CofE church by a busy body telling me I'd spoilt the whole service as my heels were too noisy on the wooden dias they erected especially for the service. As if I was to know they were going to cover the carpet!

Anyway maybe you should try going to a different church and giving it a go, just don't be shocked if a woman takes the service! Do they do this at RC churches? Sorry to sound so ignorant. The thing is you don't have to commit yourself :)