The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
moosick

tie front bolero

So bf bought me some wool and some patterns, so I been busy clicking away, even he ain't seen it yet!

Not sure I like it, I mean, I like it, but it doesn't sit all that well on me :S Maybe I should have made the smaller size I always think I am bigger than what I am. And I wish I had made it slight longer or something, cos I'm kinda large up front and it doesn't sit all that great over my chest :red: :lol: Maybe I can thread some of the huge amount of leftover yarn through the bottom to make it draw under more.. Sizes 14 and 16 (I'm not going to say which size I did end up making!) says to use 6 balls, but I said to bf to order 7 cos I'll prob need the extra.. I still have almost 2 balls left, I hated breaking into a new ball just to knit like 6 rows :blank:

Anyway, I will have to wear it, otherwise bf will refuse to treat me to more yarn! :lol:

Didn't take too long I guess, I knitted up the last arm tonight and attached it. Less than a weeks worth, but in hours I have no idea, as I often just sit after putting Alex to bed, and knit.

And the age old question remains.. what to knit next! :lol:

Ooooh I do like it! Well done you on such a quick knit too!

Sorry you're not happy with the fit but then I can be critical like that too. I have a drawer full of hats I'm not quite happy with the look of when worn if you know what I mean :)

post-45650-13668144570678_thumb.jpg

That's really lovely moo :-) It goes so well with the top underneath. Are you sure you're not being too critical about it? I know I can be sometimes. Where did you get the pattern & what wool did you use? I have a friend that would love it.

Buzy

It's on 8mm needles so does knit up super fast.

Both from Kemps, both sale stuff, think the pattern was 39p and wool 69p a ball. I bought firefly pewter, but I'm quite partial to the verdigris one too :lol: I think it would look and work better if you.. like, kinda have.. smallish boobs :lol: If I were to make it again, which in a different colour I might, I'd probably try to adjust the pattern for the front, maybe make it smaller and increase where the breasts would be, and then increase for the ties, not sure if it would work though :lol: