The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Buzyknitting

Teapot Jumper Parade

I love your teapot jumpers. Mentioned I might try one to my GOM who responded with "A what?" when I explained what it was, the reply was,

"No way! I hate the things. No teapot of ours is ever going to wear one of those!"

Pity the teapot can't respond with " But every ones wearing this! You just don't want me to have friends! I hate you!"(insert slammimg door - BANG) and finally the muffled "You can't stop me from wearing it!" :coolsmile:

:lol: :lol: :lol: squeakie, we just know that your teapot was thinking it though... :cheese:

I've got a teapot :-)

If i'm not being too ambitious time-wise i'm also thinking of cafetiere's and cosies for the coffee drinkers :) got a pattern in an old mag.

Question Teapot Ladies with a Teacup (well anyone with a teacup really!)

Could someone please measure for me how many ml fit into a 'standard' teacup, my teapot holds 1150ml (ish)?

BTW I found this when surfing for an answer to the above question

Teapot

It tickled me, we're obviously being a little sedate putting flowers on our teapots :)

I've got a teapot :-)

If i'm not being too ambitious time-wise i'm also thinking of cafetiere's and cosies for the coffee drinkers :) got a pattern in an old mag.

Question Teapot Ladies with a Teacup (well anyone with a teacup really!)

Could someone please measure for me how many ml fit into a 'standard' teacup, my teapot holds 1150ml (ish)?

BTW I found this when surfing for an answer to the above question

Teapot

It tickled me, we're obviously being a little sedate putting flowers on our teapots :)

Hi Helen,

I have two different tea sets and the teacups off both hold 220mls when filled to the brim.

The teapot I made the jumper for holds 1050mls and at that I can just about get the lid on without spills.

Hope this helps............BTW love the terrorist teapot but wouldn't it make you a bit cross??!! :lol: tea time is a happy time! :)

Hi Helen,

I have two different tea sets and the teacups off both hold 220mls when filled to the brim.

The teapot I made the jumper for holds 1050mls and at that I can just about get the lid on without spills.

Hope this helps............

Thank you

BTW love the terrorist teapot but wouldn't it make you a bit cross??!! :lol: tea time is a happy time! :)

I just have this image of a serene tea party them someone bringing out this dodgy looking character and it tickles me. I guess what it does show is if you have a bit of imagination you can come up with allsorts :lol: