The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Buzyknitting

Teapot Jumper Parade

Thanks girls, yes I started off knitting the flowers too Suzie, but since Busy had kindly sent me the crochet instructions I thought here goes.

The mistake I was making was after 5tr into first ch space, I did a dc into the next big ch space instead of into the small hole between the two tr's on the previous row. Delighted I persevered it was worth the effort and I totally know how to do them now after 12 attempts!!

Busy - of course you know where I got the idea from for the arty photo!!! I quite enjoyed the whole process...made me feel very professional! :lol:

Glad you sorted the flowers - well done for keeping at it :-) I'm going to try some of the flowers in my new book - you can knit or crochet them - take your pick!!

Susie - there are some lovely knitted flowers in this book too - poppies, pansies etc. Maybe you could get it from your library & photocopy a few?

Buzy

I adore teacups and saucers, I was lucky to receive a truly beautiful tea set from an old lady I asked to our wedding. It is so old fashioned and 'english country garden' looking! Pity I rarely get to take it out, ours is definitely a mug house (literally :lol:!)

I know I was the same with tiredness, I was sewing it together and watching Kurt Russell in Breakdown and I think I really need glasses as when I looked up from the teapot jumper I couldn't focus on the tv and vice versa

What next!

:

I was too tired last night to do anything but stick my teapot on the floor to take a pic and I don't have any lovely teacups and saucers either :red: :-)

Maybe you need to treat yourself to a nice cup & saucer for when you have afternoon tea using your teapot in it's posh new jumper? Our charity shops often have single ones as well as sets. I got one of mine for £1! I've got a modern set which is white witha silver band round the top but I do love some of the old fashioned ones too. Why don't you have a look in town?

Buzy

I think I might do that Buzy! I used to have a set similar to Dreamy's but it was a wedding gift from previous relationship and very little of my crockery made it over to Ireland with me. The only major things I brought over were my clothes and stash! Oh and hopefully tonight my sewing machine!!

Dreamy you and me too with the glasses. After all the knitting and sewing last night when I finally got on the PC I found it difficult to focus!!!!

Oh what was the title of the book Buzy - there's a slim chance I might find it in town but I'm doubtful for the library as its only a small branch :)

Looking good ladies.

I'm going to have another look for a teapot today, we always used to use a teapot when I lived at home but in recent years it's been a made in the mug job.

If I can master the pattern then i've decided that the tea drinkers are getting a teapot and jumper for Christmas :cheese:

Buffy - the pattern is very easy if you do it all in St st. There's just a few decreases at the top. The basket weave pattern isn't difficult either. Hope you can find a teapot. It would be a lovely chrismas pressie.

Buzy