The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knittingporky

Just another Manic Monday

Moosick I used to think everyone elses feet were deformed but apparently its normal to have the 2nd toe bigger than the big toe! If your big toe is too long then it puts strain on other areas of your foot because of the way it bends as you walk apparently and that can cause foot pain! I'm supposed to be having an op on my left foot as that is the worst to shorten the bone but then moving away to Ireland has made that a bit difficult. If it is shortened then both my feet would be the same length :cheese:

Eek on the frogging! Have you joined Ravelry? They have a vast amount of patterns on there, lots of free ones but also patterns to buy too. If you're not a member the address is www.ravelry.com

I frogged three different crochet baby cardis last night, for different reasons on each one..

Today I'm going to attemp to knit one, the pattern isn't as pretty though which is why I didn't try to start with, and I can't find a pretty giry baby cardi anywhere :(

!

I've got some lovely baby cardi patterns for little girlies. Sublime do a lovely baby book (square in shape) that has a wrapover cardi which is lovely & Sirdar "Lazy Days & Holidays" has a lovely knitted bolero & a cardi with frill trim. All are modern but pretty. Hope you find something. Knitting Pattern Central & Knittingonthenet.com are other places to look.

Buzy

yeah, I'm a member of ravelry, I've found some nice patterns on there, I think two of the ones I frogged where from there, I think I just didn't understand, cos I ended up with my pattern finishing one stitch early, but having the correct amount of stitches listed on the pattern. So I redid it, and concentrated, and got the same, and then the second one I started looked way too big around the neck. My third frog was too small around the neck! 8-/

Trying a pattern from Bernat in a moment. I just don't like the fact that it fastens with a ribbon, I'd prefer buttons but wouldn't dare adjusting the pattern, who knows how it would end up! :lol:

Sometimes on Ravelry I think the people don't put their patterns on correctly, its a right pain when you find something and then there's no link!

Good luck Moosick :)

hehe thanks, I gave up in the end, and took the opportunity while waiting for cake 1 to cool so I could remove the tin, to nip into town, I bought 1 pattern, I was umming and ahhing between three! But I'm suppose to be going careful with my money.. and then I went and bought 2 pairs of needles.. and then I went and bought two more balls of wool... did I say I was going careful :lol: Just shhh don't tell my bf!

Cake 2 is now sat cooling, cake 1 is iced and in the fridge.. I broke a nail yesterday, and I'm gonna be evil and tell my bf I broke it while baking his bday cake, so if he comes across anything unusually crunchy, to give it back :lol: