The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knittingporky

Just another Manic Monday

Well, I didn't get my 3.25 hook, when I got to the store, I recall checking there last week and I'd totally forgotten :lol:

I did get some wool, 5 balls of wendy beach baby variegated wool at a reduced price, I don't really like variegated but I thought it might make a pretty blanket .. or something! and one ball of the stuff I'm currently using (didn't buy enough the first time round).

I had to make two trips into town, because I forgot to adjust my cake recipe on my pc. Basically, I'd forgot to list an ingredient, so when I printed a copy this morning, I printed it without an ingredient in, and realised while I was out shopping, but didn't know which kind I needed or how much, so I had to come home again, find the original recipe and then convert it from oz to grams :-/ and then go back to the store, then back home via charity shop, where I found a gorgeous knitting pattern which now means I need to buy even more wool! :lol: Teddies knitted out of eskimo, gotta hide it so daughter doesn't spot it, otherwise I won't hear the end of it.

I don't know the words, so can I just hum along till we get to the chorus? :-)

Fiona - join the "No energy" club!! Have you been doing too much again? 2 littlies as well!! I've done my sewy bits 7 almost finished the back of my cardi/jacket. It's in chunky so knits quite quickly. I can't remember the last time I used wool this thick. Think I might have a nap too.

Moo - Sounds like you've had one of those mornings!!Great buy in the charity shop. Hum by all means - will let you know when we get to the chorus :lol:

Buzy

Hi everyone, another day of work gone. Need to take Lady out for walkies in a few mins, water the garden, do housework whilst tea is cooking...then CROCHET (not knitting I hear you say!?) - I started making a crochet bag, of course after I'd done loads (whilst on night shift on Fri) I realised I should've used aran not DK or adjusted the pattern......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........so instead of a circular base it is more cone shaped. I'm too disheartened to frog it so I'll keep going. I'll remember for next time!!! It looks nice anyway and it's for me for my WIP, so I don't care (honestly...) :down:

I will have enough to re-do it......

Just in from work and having my first cuppa! Sunny and blowy here again today but quite warm. Once I've unwound a bit I'm going to do some knitting. Cold chicken and fried new potatoes for tea (how unhealthy) as I cooked for England yesterday and after a full shift today it will be easy.

Fiona and Buzy hope you feel better after your naps! I too am singing manic Monday much to GOM'S annoyance :lol:

Talk later xx

Well its been one of those days! If one is not crying with teething pain the other is hitting that naughty two's stage! I tried to get a nap but didn't happen as eldest woke up ealy after passing a nice surprise. So got dressed through crying and moaning from the boys. Went up to sainsburys to get some bits had the youngest crying on and off through out the whole supermarket!! (Trying to stay calm).. Got home gave charlie some calpol and teething gel and he has 4 teeth coming through at the same time!!

Sorry to bore with baby talk. No knitting time yet house is a tip again after cleaning up this morning. will have to start the cleaning process again in about 20mins then bedtime routine with boys, then make dinner for OH and I planned cajun chicken, rice, naan, mint dip, onion salad and poppadoms.

Then abit of telly and hopefully knitting!!!

I think I have an addiction to this forum and people's blogs - I've been able to go and chill for the last 20mins with my crochet but I've been sat here instead....either I need a laptop so I can chill on the sofa, crochet/knit and be online...or bring it all up here...decisions decisions :cheese: ;-P