The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

The Lets Knotters Weightloss Club

Hi all

Have decided to push ahead and start this up.

No one needs to divulge their actual weight as now, but feel free to report with weight loss from weekly weigh -ins, or gains if its been a challenging week - both will be supported.

Also feel free to put tips and tricks that you use to beat the cravings (Always think of Marjorie Doors when I say that word, and it makes me laugh!)

So............... so far

Sharon - 2lb loss

Katy - 5lb loss

Anyone else want to join in?

My tip, and it is mad and i've mentioned it before - I have 6 minstrels in the fridge. My feeling/belief is, so long as they are there, I wont eat them, but I also wont need to buy any more chocolate either. If I am truly desparate, I will have 1. but I wont, because 1 will never be enough. so I have none!

Good luck to all who join in!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to join in please :cheese:

I know it sounds daft though but at the moment I'm not weighing myself as I get really obsessive with the scales and ours are very precise as it can detect the difference in your weight if you so much as go for a wee! (see what I mean about obsessive?!) I get irritable bowel and so my weight can fluctuate drastically due to bloating and water retention so I can literally weight 5lb extra from one day to the next. Difficult when you're dieting you have to admit :-S

Sorry for the waffle but I will be doing this by how well my clothes fit, getting into clothes that I couldn't before, visible signs of stomach reduction etc so you will all have to bear with me!

My OH bought me a gluten free fruit cake last night which really upset me as he knows I'm trying to lose weight. What do I do with it? Should I eat it in very small portions and try to resist temptation to eat a larger piece? Its just that it would have cost him over 3 euros to buy!!! This is where I fall flat, not wanting to waste stuff......

I get IBS too su2ie, so you have my sympathies.

the GF cake, can you put it into portions and then freeze it? that way there's no waste, but no "waist" either, if you get my drift!

welcome aboard in any case, and the not weighing is fine, just let us know what clothes now fit that didnt, and stuff like that if you like

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a good idea - will have to get more freezer bags or use foil I think :-)

Well I did well yesterday as mostly ate rice cakes with simple toppings, a bit of fruit, 1 soya yogurt and a smallish spag bol for tea. I didn't eat anything after my tea which is great as if I eat the same time as Ellie I'm normally reaching for the snacks around 8pm! I did have a can of lager though so that can be my treat for the day. Doesn't sound like much of a diet does it??? :lol:

Off walking in park later so that should burn a few cals :cheese:

Thanks for starting the thread...forgot to do it and we'd said it was a good idea!!!

Ok so I've decided to start b****y dieting again - a bit like Suzie I'll be going by how my clothes fit but also weighing, although my scales seem to have a cruel mind of their own at times! I often have to take an average of 3 readings, they are digital and weren't cheap but I just feel like chucking them out!!

As a veggie I find slimming world's green days the best for me and I don't have to weigh food out. Just sensible healthy eating and portion control.

I find for my sugar cravings having sugar free jellies made up, nice tins of fruit (only cos I may suddenly have a craving for pineapple or guava etc and I don't normally have them in) and Options hot choc.

hi everyone

i'd like to join in as well please... :cheese:

i'm doing s.world at the mo but it's had many ups and downs (when i'm under stress mainly... :-S ) but i think if we're all in this together (i'm sure that was a song...hahaha!!! :lol: ) we can help and support each other through thick and thin (really sorry, guys, no pun intended... :red: )

i have to admit, i came up with this idea last night which i think will help me to stick to it too...i'd like to lose 28-30 lbs so for every 1lb i lose, i'm going to knit an "innocent smoothie hat" (i noticed in the mag that it's started up again) ...hopefully, this will keep me on track to lose the weight, i'll still be doing my normal pledge but i think this could be classed as a mini pledge... :)

also, on a foodie note, i've read that if you put half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon in yoghurt, it's meant to help with sugar cravings...i've been doing it for a few days and it seems to be working for me...not sure if it's psychosomatic or not though...hahaha!!! :lol: