The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
emmilou

magical monday!!!

Morning Everyone

Been into town briefly this morning to get the car tax -oof! thats gone up a bit hasnt it? A tad more than I was expecting, but I had the cash so its all sorted now.

Sounds like your OH is a bit like me Buzy and wont use the car without valid tax. I know they usually give you about a weeks grace but I feel uncomfortable driving about knowing Im not 'legal'

Just waiting for work to turf up then its off to do the dreaded food shop- first time Ive been able to drive up to the supermarket since I bust my thumb (do you realize Ive been off road since the end of April!! :wow: )

Finished dd1s red cerulean and started on tessa (or wham bam-boo if you prefer). I did a few rows on the bus and, for the first time (!) got someone asking me about it - lol. The lady was very interested in the circular needle I was using and said she had never seen one before. I was only using it cos the bus can get a bit crowded and with ordinary pins I feel that Im a bit 'all elbows' :)

Right going to see if I can work out how to post some piccies of some of my FOs

See you on the flip side (where did that expression come from? Hmmm?)

Ooh, I forgot to mention I finished my cerulean (black one) over the weekend. It did turn out miles too big as I suspected, but it's wearable. I just have to hitch it up and turn the top over so I have a collar! :red: No camera today, so will post a piccy when I can later in the week.

Sharon - good luck with the cerulean, as Emmilou says, it grows really fast, especially when you get to the pattern bit :) Not found smell yet and I've been through both of Ellie's toyboxes and looked under the sofas. I'm starting to wonder if its stale water under the sink so will investigate that area after lunch. Trouble is I can just about smell the smell but it doesn't get stronger in any particular area! Very annoying >:(

Dee sounds like you've already had a busy morning! How much is car tax over in Blighty now? I think for our car over in ROI its about 600 euro a year. Will be looking at your fo's in a mo :-)

K&F - yay! Can't wait to see your cerulean too. I do want to knit another for me but I will certainly do the next size down :cheese:

Hope I haven't missed anyone!!!

Afternoon all.

Had busy weekend - tidying and ironing on Saturday, and then spent four hours doing my front garden yesterday. All that and have been trying to get a pair of socks knitted for my soon to be sister in law's brithday at the weekend. I know knitted socks are not really a summer gift but she's a dancer so we're going to give her a feet pampering parcel with some lotion, nail varnish, foot soaks, and knitted socks. Hopefully she'll like it. It's my sister's birthday the following week, and my OH's so am struggling for present ideas!!

Hope you find your smell Su2ie - nothing worse than a bad smell and not being able to find it!

Hello to everyone else who's posted this morn.

I'm at work so as usual catching up on all the forum chat I've missed!

Happy afternoon, it's raining in Oxford - woooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :cheese: It's as dark grey as it can get and I'm dead chuffed! I've located the only yarn shop left in town, bought some bobbins so I can sort my poppy top out, plus a whole load of other gear that'll be useful (pins with big heads - forever losing my dressmakers' ones when sewing up!) so I'm all set for a night of knitting. :cheese:

Cor, I hope we get a rumble or 2 of thunder and some lightning for good measure! :cheese: (Annie, don't worry I'll keep it here if I can!)