The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
MaggieJay

Got issue 2 today!

It was on the mat when I got home after a long day at work. I havn't gone through it in detail, but there look like some good things.

* make a pair of old jeans into a couple of bags, with some fab corsages

* sew some fab sun hats, but those are for kids not for oldies :down:

* make a sweet pair of shorts for little boys.

the dress pattern is fine as well - jackeet, trousers, tunic and shorts.

will be good to see some makes online!

xxx

Just a quickie ;-) or I am liable to melt into my PC chair with this ridiculous heat :coolsmirk: But I just had to reply to this post :)

Issue 2 does not disappoint. I got mine yesterday and have read it from cover to cover three times already :lol: I want to have a go at making everything as usual :lol: especially the board shorts for Pickles and the Avril shorts for my DD (free cover pattern) and the hexagon patchwork pencil keeper. Patchwork has been on my to try list for such a long time now.

OMG :bug: , have you seen the free pattern for next month, it includes a 50's style dress, so retro and kitsch just up my street, I'll be counting the days until it arrives :cheese: Note to self, must remember to track down some lush retro fabric for that one ;-). Arrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am melting, truly I am, and I think I must have sweated off at least half a stone in the past five minutes sat here ....will be back later to no doubt add to this thread when it cools down.......................later :lol:

OMG :bug: , have you seen the free pattern for next month, it includes a 50's style dress, so retro and kitsch just up my street, I'll be counting the days until it arrives :cheese: Note to self, must remember to track down some lush retro fabric for that one ;-).

yep did see, it and yep it is fab, but i am fuming that i can't make it, as the pattern sizes are about 3 inches too small :down: not happy >:-( i don't even want to look at the next issue as i can't make half the things, and it seems pointless to look and dream.

Sarah

I love the look of the bags and corsages too but don't have children and other patterns too small so will prob give a miss this month and get MJ or something instead as can get more out of the projects if I do that

pipsx

Thats a shame. The jacket looks kind of free size, but yeah maybe wait for the next issue.

I feel the same way about the children projects! Cos not all crafters are mothers. I think its like a fashion sew magazine and a home sew mag mixed into one.

I cut the material and went to sew the dress but my sewingmachine had broken!! New clothes do look great.

OMG :bug: , have you seen the free pattern for next month, it includes a 50's style dress, so retro and kitsch just up my street, I'll be counting the days until it arrives :cheese: Note to self, must remember to track down some lush retro fabric for that one ;-).

yep did see, it and yep it is fab, but i am fuming that i can't make it, as the pattern sizes are about 3 inches too small :down: not happy >:-( i don't even want to look at the next issue as i can't make half the things, and it seems pointless to look and dream.

Sarah

Hiya Sarah. I do agree, I think that the pattern should be sized up to at least a size 18 as most generic patterns run through size 6/8 to 20. How about resizing the pattern yourself? I am full of hay faver at the moment and got a toddler running around and so not the time to explain but once you get your head around it, it is so easy to resize up and down sizes even converting adult sizes down to mini me childrens sizes. Take a look here and if you have any problems just give me a shout.

Maybe a feature in Sew on how to resize and general pattern drafting could be a possibility along the line, maybe as a mini series over several issues (so that it can be more in depth) I am sure it would be very popular ;-) As I would imagine that next issues free pattern and maybe the next few months may have already been printed up.