The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Manic Monday

Morning all!

Oh boy do I not want to be up, I want to be snuggled in bed but I guess that's what happens when you've got kids!

Well the sun is shining here again today - it was supposed to rain all weekend until Wednesday apparently! Just a bit dull with showers yesterday and that was all.....

Will be continuing with baby cardi today on and off and at some stage we will go to the park as Ellie is requesting bunny watch again :-)

Here's hoping my coffee will wake me up a little :-P

Have a good day everyone whatever you're doing!

Who knows what the weather will bring...I think it'll keep like this for a while. Dull and overcast in the mornings but humid and sticky. Then the sun burns away the cloud and it's blindingly sunny, boiling and humid!

I've swapped my days at work round so I can be off today, tomorrow and Weds to do a Uni essay which is due in by midnight Weds.

I woke up this morning to my fella stood in the doorway, looking as white as a sheet saying he thinks he's going to be sick. He's got a blinding headache, he's cold (despite how how and humid it is already) and numb fingers. Whilst trying to keep my eyes open I told him to ring in sick. So he is now back in bed.

Let's hope he can just sleep it off.

Hi All

The day has started nicely weatherwise and children wise. Both off to school in good time and in good moods and both sporting their Havanas, despite the heat :cheese:

Both girls had bad tummies during the night (its a good job I have two loo's!) but whatever it was didnt effect me so perhaps it was something they had while they were out with their Dad.

Got to do some money stuff online in a mo, then Im free to do whatever as I did most of the housework over the weekend and it doesnt really need doing again. Might crack on a bit more with red Havana if Im in the mood (lol when am I not?) or start to strip the wall paper in the hallway - it really needs decorating and I keep puting it off :)

Hope everyones day is fine in eve3ry sense and you're not all too tired from the weekend.

Take care

Buzy Lizzie - your fella doesnt sound good. If he was out in the sun a lot yesterday he may have heat stroke/exhaustion. Keep him well hydrated and let him rest. If he starts to sweat get him under a cool shower or under a damp sheet with a fan on. But keep giving him lots of water (NOT tea or coffee) and if you have them rehydrating salts.

If you dont have them make your own - half teaspoon salt +1 teaspoon sugar disolved in half a cup of warm water - its disgusting but he will need to replace the salts and sugars he has sweated out and/or vomited.

Heres hoping hes better soon.

Morning everyone :-) Feel like lead today so can I join you're "don't want to get out of bed club" Susie? I slept a bit better last night but yesterday has taken it's toll :-S I need to go out & pick a few bits up as I've got the car today but that's all apart from knitting :-) Still trying to sort challenge thingy so will do a bit later & try new stock bits (they're small & don't take much wool).

Susie - enjoy your bunny hunt with Ellie & your knitting. How's OH doing or shouldn't I ask?

Lizzy - hope your fella feels better soon. My son's got a bug at the mo. He's married now so don't have to clear up after him!! Hope you get your essay done asap too.

Right off for a shower. Have a good day everyone :-)

Buzy :)

morning all

i had the lie in today so have just gotten up. was shattered after my car boot yesterday. have managed to get straight with some of my profit, and even put some towards the car - all in all a good exercise!

have put on yesterday's thread that I have indeed frogged Lulu. i tried it against me now i've added the stitches for the sleeve (was a sort of cap sleeve) and because of my "figure" it pulls all out of shape across the front. frogged it in temper and then wound the wool on my new yarn winder lolol.

had to deal with an ant infestation last night, well they were outside but there were millions I swear! even the dog wouldnt go out!

ran out of ant powder so had to use boiling water in the end and the cheeky *7%%$s were climbing the wall of the conservatory to get away from the heat! checked later and they'd gone phew!

got to start a garment of sorts for me in ernest today to get it finished for 1st August, my friend's engagement. All her other friends are skinny minnies so i need to make sure I feel good when we go (silly post natal mom/figure worries)

see you all later, off to say morning to my boys

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx