The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Superb Sunday!

Well finally back from town and church and the vicar was giving out books and CD's to all the children and Ellie was given a lovely sing along childrens CD of bible songs which she loves as we've already put it on :-)

Bought another ball of wool for a top I eventually intend to do for me, just in case I run out as it will be a while before I start it and I don't want to risk not being able to get another ball the same batch etc.

My Annie you must have been knitting until late! We will have to have a thread dedicatecd to Havanas :cheese: and you and Dee and anyone else who's done it can post their pics :-) Oh and congrats on becoming a senior!

Oh Carly how disappointing with the superbikes. Hope you enjoy your day anyway :)

Dee glad you've finished your havana too and sounds like you might be in for a relaxing afternoon :-)

Right off to do a spot of lunch for my GOM as I left him out :grrr: :-)

Afternoon everyone!! Sorry this is late but our internet has been down again :-S Sang at church today :-) but now very pooped :-S It was very hot too even with all the doors opened. Was a bit hazier after lunch but now sunny again. Better weather than some it seems. I managed to get piccies of me in my Cerulean & will post in a mo. Sorry don't look at my best but if I waited until I did it might never happen.

Glad you've finished your shrug Susie & what a nice gift for Ellie too.

Off for a home made cream tea (Chris gone to get cream!) & then will sort piccies.

Bye!!

Buzy :)

afternoon all!!!!

am feeling a little better, thanks for all the get well soons!

finally managed to do my car boot today, the rain held off (is thrashing down now!) and actually more than HALVED my car booty!!!!! and made nearly £100 too - chinese tonight to celebrate and besides, am too tired to cook.

also got a bargain at the car boot - a ball winder for £3!!! no more sitting painstakingly winding by hand.

better go, having a stop gap ham sarnie.

am really tempted to frog my lulu and do a Havana ..................... what to do?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah all that work! Shame to frog it. Stick with it and do a Havana afterwards. Talking of hard work reminds me of something years ago - A friend of a friend knitted arran sweaters for her dad and brother (really complex pattern) Anyway because they took so long to do and were cream she decided to wash them before giving them as crimbo pressies. When she went to get them off of the line they were gone! Someone had nicked them. I don't know about her but I would have cried buckets!!!!

They must have been lovely jumpers to get pinched. Somebody had a nice Christmas!! My friends mum once had something stolen from her bicycle basket outside the Post Offiece - a box of Albran!!!! She said their need must have been greater than hers :lol:

Adam, Mel & Freya just popped in with the official photos. They're absolutely beautiful.They've been married 7 weeks already!!

Well off to sort roast. Too hot to eat it at lunchtime & it was too much after singing this morning. Have a lovely evening everybody.

Buzy :)

Hello everyone. Very late for my first post. Went to Church this morning and have then been very busy again with getting all sorted out for the new boiler and central heating being fitted tomorrow. Finished my Havana off last night. Just need to pick up stitches for button band and then sew together.

Buzy - Glad you managed to do your singing. Bet it sounded lovely. We had all the windows and doors wide open at Church but it was stiffling.