The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Buzyknitting

I'm sooooo excited!!!!

I'm soooooo excited everyone. My gift for my subscription has just arrived. Yippee!!! I've got the book they're now giving away & it's BRILLIANT !!! Loads I want to knit & tips to alter patterns to fit & styles to flatter all sorts of body shapes. As you may have guessed I thoroughly recommend it. It's called "Knits to fit & flatter" by Jane Ellison .

Not only did this come but also some patterns I ordered from Dragon too. One very happy bunny here today :-) :-) :-)

Only one downside - when will I find the time to knit all these wonderful things & find the pennies for the wool???

Buzy :)

Oh Buzy, I'm so glad you got your gift at last. Sounds like a fantastic book and you'll be able to tailor stuff to suit you and you'll look even more marvellous! :)

Wish I could help with the time to knit all the lovely things. Maybe you can take a knitting holiday! And with Kemps' sale on (there's stuff for 59p on their site!) you might just get yourself a fantastic bargain. :cheese:

knit&flee; - I'm just off to Kemps cos most of the patterns are in expensive wools which I can't afford so need a substitute. There's a beautiful boat neck jumper but it would be over £80 in the yarn they use cos it's silk :-S Beautiful but toooo pricey. On the lookout for a bargain :-)

Buzy xx

Happy bargain hunting! I use substitute wool all the time - 'tis a pain to track down sometimes in the right tension and colours you like, but well worth the effort when you do find it. Good luck and I want a full run-down of yarn purchases when you return! :cheese:

sorry to butt in here, ladies but i substitute the yarns all the time as well cos last year i went mad with buying wool when it was on offer or in 2nd hand shops, etc. so i've got a big stash to get through :cheese: hee hee

anyhoo good luck with your purchases, busy... and congrats on finally getting your book :-)