The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

Tremendous Thursday

Hey-ho

DD1 off to school in a good mood for a change - probably has to do with the fact she has an after school disco tonight and shes going to ask a boy she fancies to dance with her. She came home full of the joys of spring last night cos one of her boy mates said she looked 'fit'. Shes going to be wearing an outfit her father definitely WOULD NOT approve of (but isnt that bad) and as she has legs that go on forever shes going to be even 'fitter' than yesterday, when she was in school uniform. She measured her height against me last night and we were eye to eye (shes 12!(going on 30))-she is going to be sooo tall - about 6' 6" if my calculations are correct - yipes. Im 5'6" by the way

The results of all this socializing, along with youth club tonight means I probably wont see her till 9 pm tonight! So Im a lady of leisure today- shame Ive not got the transport or the cash to do anything about it tho-isnt it?! :roll:

After a glorious start this morning the weather seems to be clouding over so I suppose I had better get out into that garden and do the work I didnt do yesterday (it was too hot, I decided when I took the dog for a walk)

Talk later

Morning everyone from me too. Warm & sunny here at the mo but grey haze to clouds in the west - looks like rain may be here later. Having a very quiet day again in the hope of restoring enough energy to sing in the gospel choir on Sunday. Absolutely love singing so would hate to miss it. Of course I'll be knitting today :)

Chris on a car hunt but no joy yet.

Off for a shower - can't wait to feel fresh :-)

Bye for now!

Buzy :)

Oooff! have just staggered indoors after cutting the grass out front and weeding all the flower beds. Doesn't sound too bad when written down, but when you consider its been nearly two months since Ive been able to do anything apart from plant out some lobelia you get the idea of what Ive been up against.

My brown (composting) bin, which was emptied yesterday is so full I cant get the lid shut :bug:

My backs killing me and my thumbs hurting like billy-o cos I couldn't use the secateurs with the splint on (and some how I just cant get the right grip with my left hand), but Im not going for a shower till after Ive taken the dog out - whats the point of getting clean if you only get sweaty again ten minutes later. So me and my wiffy armpits are going for a walk, then shower, then lunch (hmm pasty?) then veg out in front of some trashy tv and get on with dd1's black Havana - going much slower than the last one for some reason.

Hope you manage to charge those batteries a bit Buzy. I know what you mean about sining tho'- I havent been in a choir since college, but love to warble away (the neighbours must think Im crack ed, the kids know I am!) :P

Singing does me & my spirit & soul sooooo much good. Chris has got my car as his has died & I forgot to ask him to take the cd out of the player before he went to work. It's a lovely gat the mo without driving due to my fatigue so I'm housebound. Sound like an OAP :-S Mind you I do feel like one some days!!

So glad you're back to your garden - just don't overdo your poorly wrist. It's bound to be sore for a while.

Off for lunch - egg & cress sarnie me feels .

Bye for now!

Buzy :)